Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey,

So, just when I thought everything was stable. Youtube in Safari is crashing almost every time I load a new video.

I tried disabling extensions, installing the web driver, but nothing is working. The crash log says:

Crashed Thread: 35 com.apple.coremedia.videomediaconverter

Any ideas?

I just clicked through about 20 videos.

I didn't see a crash until about the 10th video, I ignored it, and kept loading videos. Eventually Safari crashed Youtube and it wouldn't load the page. I had to Force Quit.

It also doesn't crash the same video twice.

Another tidbit of information.

I tested this on Chrome, and had no crashes at all.

Actually my entire system "feels" more punchy. Unfortunately now I have two system profiles due to the serial.

In "About my Mac" it has the iMac, and in the System profile it shows the Mac Pro.

I really, really, really, really, really wish other users with my motherboard would speak up and we could figure out the best config.plist.

And how would other users know what motherboard you have since you've not bothered to enter a system profile yet? :banghead:

Hey,

So, just when I thought everything was stable. Youtube in Safari is crashing almost every time I load a new video.

I tried disabling extensions, installing the web driver, but nothing is working. The crash log says:

Crashed Thread: 35 com.apple.coremedia.videomediaconverter

Any ideas?
Even in 10.9 Safari can't show video on youtube, that's why I move to chimera- it works smoothly in 10.9 & 10.10

i had the same issue.
i changed my profile from imac 12.2 to mac pro 3.1 an worked without a problem

i had the same issue.
i changed my profile from imac 12.2 to mac pro 3.1 an worked without a problem

I changed mine to iMac 14,2 and it seems to have solved the issue as well. I would like to know why that was happening though.

I changed mine to iMac 14,2 and it seems to have solved the issue as well. I would like to know why that was happening though.

A guy in a other forum pointed the problem at the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext.

He solved it by changing the profile to a other imac version, too.
In my case, i use a flashed bios and clover with the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement patch, maybe that caused some problems in my case.

I think it's the degenerate garbage known as Flash Player causing the crashes.

I uninstalled it and I haven't had the same errors on the videos I was watching yesterday.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/01/09/uninstall-flash-mac/

You can still use it via Chrome even after removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back