Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
Graphics
GTX 960
Hi all;

I took a look at my clover settings, and figured I'd update clover while I was in there - and now I get a black screen after boot. Before I get too deep into looking at this - are there other general issues with Clover r4644? I did a search on the forum, and didn't see any reference to it...

Are others in the same boat?

Hi all;

I took a look at my clover settings, and figured I'd update clover while I was in there - and now I get a black screen after boot. Before I get too deep into looking at this - are there other general issues with Clover r4644? I did a search on the forum, and didn't see any reference to it...

Check your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder.
Most people only need :
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

Make sure that you have at least these.

Last edited:
Hi all;

Before each update clover: mount your EFI disc, copy the folder on your desktop, update clover and before reboot, open the new folder EFI your disc and open also folder that you copied on your desktop, see if you the same kexts in each other. Because new clover may removes some kexts.

Before each update clover: mount your EFI disc, copy the folder on your desktop, update clover and before reboot, open the new folder EFI your disc and open also folder that you copied on your desktop, see if you the same kexts in each other. Because new clover may removes some kexts.

Thanks for the suggestion of the 'good practice' - I'll do that from now on.

I see this looks like an issue in other threads going to r4586. Maybe the Clover devs could move dev over to github (any git will do) and open source it... Might do well as a place to report bugs and ensure transparency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back