Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My display port is not working at all and hdmi audio does not work. For DSDT fixes do I just edit my plist or do I need to add a DSDT file for it to have any effect? What plist options work for the 960 besides the obvious graphics injection NVIDIA = true? I set my VideoPorts to 5 but that did nothing. What about the NVCAP? And display-cfg?

Nvidia injection should be false for a 900 series card

Wow what a simple fix. I just deleted the <Inject> portion from the plist and now my second monitor is working! Thanks for the help! Still need HDMI audio but I know there's a whole forum section dedicated to it so I'll hunt there now.

EDIT: I just checked the plist with
Code:
/usr/local/bin/clover-genconfig > Desktop/config.plist
and under Graphics Inject, all three options are now false. This is an important note because the standard plist has the Intel inject set as true, which I am pretty sure messes it up.

Code:
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
    <key>ATI</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Intel</key>
    <false/>
    <key>NVidia</key>
    <false/>
</dict>

Once again, you were right! Sadly, I didn't see this until after I went through a lot of guides :confused: But! I got my headphones working (ALC887) due to this guide. And thanks to the HDMIAudio.kext, my hdmi audio works now. I have 6 choices for audio:
Headphone port
Audio line-out port
Audio line-out port
Optical digital-out port
HDMI
AirPlay

I now have a fully functional Hackintosh with nothing broken =]

Just an FYI, if you want to use 5.1 or 7.1 analog audio you have to create and Aggregate device. You loose system volume control when set to the aggregate device but it sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back