Contribute
Register

Clover on Sabertooth x58/non-uefi boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to to finally try clover again hoping that maybe now there's more documentation out there.

I'm using Clover_v2k_r2298 installer with these settings:
1gyFNhA.png

Got it to boot to clover but all I see are my ML backups, not my actual MT drive, nor my win 8 drive.

The backup sits on a sata 3gb, while the main partitions sit on sata 6gb, I wonder if it may have something to do with that?

:EDIT:
I realized that installer didn't actually install HFSPlus.efi (nor of course NTFS.efi), I added those, but that didn't seem to help, then I changed clover.efi to BiosBlockIO, and THAT helped. It's probably because this mobo is quite old and sata 6gb was just starting up so those ports are read differently?

Either way, I can see all my drives, but booting into my osx drives produces a kernel panic.
c9i4bIS.jpg

Now onto more research to figure out why this happened.
for start set all dsdt fixes to false.

Any updates on getting Clover to work on Sabertooth x58? I have tried creating a USB and that didn't work.

Is it possible to simply install Clover as a boot loader (similar to chameleon) after OS X is installed or do I have to install OS X using the Clover USB?

I need the correct settings.

I did actually get clover working on sabertooh x58! Using clover 2916. I initially installed Mavericks with a clover USB, then managed to successfully install clover in the EFI.

Couple of things from top of my head: USB drive has to be larger than 4 gigs I think, I had consistent failures with small USBs like 512mb, but success with 4 gb and 8 gb. For EFI, cloverEFI has to be installed in BiosBlockIO rather than SATA. For me, SATA was preventing clover from booting and would send it to the 'continue' screen. I don't remember if I used boot0af or boot0ss bootloader, I want to say 0ss...

It's been a couple months since I did it and I haven't messed with it much since, so my memory is fuzzy about the finer details.

Can you share your Clover config.plist? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back