Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!

I have SSD Drive Partitioned like this:
- Win "system drive" which was created automatically by windows 7. Small FAT32.
- Win setup partition. Big NTFS.
- Mac setup partition. Big HFS+

With Yosemity I've had Chimera installed on HFS partition and it worked like a charm.
Recently I've installed El Cap, which is with Clover EFI partition on flash drive.
Made some dancing around nvidia (upgraded my video to GTX970) and USB problems, and did the thing, system is OK.
But then I wanted to install clover somewhere instead of chimera, since it started to reboot instead of loading.. I did run installer, reboot, and saw text mode clover (bios like screen with "continue" at top). I run across this menu and found that there is an option to "run from file" (or something like that). It allows me to go through the FS and run clover manually (there are only MAC partition visible in it's fs manager).
Once clover started I see familiar clover GUI and able to boot either MAC or Win7.

Did anyone had same issue and has some advice to fix this?
Not very convenient, you know...

Any thoughts?

Hi all!

I have SSD Drive Partitioned like this:
- Win "system drive" which was created automatically by windows 7. Small FAT32.
- Win setup partition. Big NTFS.
- Mac setup partition. Big HFS+

With Yosemity I've had Chimera installed on HFS partition and it worked like a charm.
Recently I've installed El Cap, which is with Clover EFI partition on flash drive.
Made some dancing around nvidia (upgraded my video to GTX970) and USB problems, and did the thing, system is OK.
But then I wanted to install clover somewhere instead of chimera, since it started to reboot instead of loading.. I did run installer, reboot, and saw text mode clover (bios like screen with "continue" at top). I run across this menu and found that there is an option to "run from file" (or something like that). It allows me to go through the FS and run clover manually (there are only MAC partition visible in it's fs manager).
Once clover started I see familiar clover GUI and able to boot either MAC or Win7.

Did anyone had same issue and has some advice to fix this?
Not very convenient, you know...

Any thoughts?
Install a Clover theme. See Clover Wiki - https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

I don't think that this is about theme.. because I have one installed and when I start Cloverx64.efi it shows normal Clover GUI...

I don't think that this is about theme.. because I have one installed and when I start Cloverx64.efi it shows normal Clover GUI...

Sorry, misread the problem.

If I understand correctly you have installed Windows first and then OS X on same drive.
Are the 2 Windows partition icons labeled System Reserved and Windows NTFS in your CLover boot screen?

If yes, install Clover to OS X partition using Legacy Mode install is easiest solution. This will put the Clover folder in the root of the OS X system and will allow dual booting from Clover of OS X or Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back