Contribute
Register

Clover on Asus Sabertooth Z87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, everyone, I feel quite foolish. After redoing everything bit by bit, I figured out what wasn't working: FakeSMC was missing. :( As soon as I discovered this I reran MultiBeast, reinstalled it, and boom, Clover worked.

I'm now sorting through a few things, but everything is up and running. Thanks again to everyone who tried to help. Sorry to waste your time on such a noob mistake.

That's awesome! I have the same mobo/cpu as you and I've yet to be able to get clover to show up when I boot (I see a dancing cursor move back and forth a few times before the computer decides to move onto trying to boot my Windows disk).

Did you set anything special in the bios to get this to work? I should mention I'm on the latest bios from Asus, which of this writing is 1405 or something close to that. My usb stick with chimera boots to OS X just fine. Thanks for any info!

I just purchased sabertooth Z87 and planning to build a Hackintosh. This thread might be helpful. So, did you eventually get everything to work, such as audio, video, network?

I have discovered a very easy way to fix this problem first you determine which efi partition you want to boot from by doing this: (works with chimera and chameleon too) Open /Utilities/Terminal
Type: diskutil list
then enable hidden files I use this file: ShowAllFiles
then use this file:EFI Mounter and mount the efi partition in question
then copy hidden boot file from your root and your /extra folder to the mounted partition
then make it active by doing this:
Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal
Type: sudo -s
Enter your password.
Type: fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (use your disk assignment here NOT necessarily this one just put r in front)
Type: p
Type: f 1
Type: w
Type: y
Type: quit
Type: rm -R /boot /Extra
Reboot

then use your bios to make that the boot drive and you are done. it even boots faster than a normal drive since it boots from efi and doesn't have to mount the next partition and boot from that so it saves a second or two on boot time thereby turning a bad thing into a good one and I wonder why the boot loaders don't all just take advantage of this fact and install here instead?

Attachments

• ShowAllFiles.app.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 90
  • EFI Mounter.app.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back