Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8H67-M
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
I have this issue that is puzzling me a lot.

I have a 500Gb SSD drive with a partition with Clover r3423. This drive boots with no problem in my computer.
I got a new 1Tb SSD drive and installed Clover r5102 so I can upgrade to Catalina in this drive.

When I try to boot on the 1Tb drive I just see a "6_" on screen and then it jumps to the 500Gb SSD and boots Clover r3423.
If I disconnect all drives except the 1Tb SSD and boot I see a "6_" and Clover r5102 boots as expected.

What is going on? Any Ideas? I need to have both drivers connected as I want the 500Gb drive to be used as a secondary backup.

Try backup the EFI partition folder, then delete it from EFI partition on the 500 Gb SSD. Then boot the 1Tb drive. Clover on that drive should boot either drive.

Try backup the EFI partition folder, then delete it from EFI partition on the 500 Gb SSD. Then boot the 1Tb drive. Clover on that drive should boot either drive.

I'm hesitant to delete the partition... what would happen if... instead of deleting the partition I remove the files in the partition and put it in a directory like "_removed". There wont be any files on that partition where they are expected to be. And in case of everything going bonkers I could rename the directory back withouth loosing my configuration

I'm hesitant to delete the partition... what would happen if... instead of deleting the partition I remove the files in the partition and put it in a directory like "_removed". There wont be any files on that partition where they are expected to be. And in case of everything going bonkers I could rename the directory back withouth loosing my configuration
Please read again - I did not say delete PARTITION, I said delete EFI FOLDER that you backed up by copying it somewhere - your desktop, maybe.

Please read again - I did not say delete PARTITION, I said delete EFI FOLDER that you backed up by copying it somewhere - your desktop, maybe.

My bad. Sorry

Well at last I was able to boot Clover on the new drive withouth the need of the older clover.

I have to say that P8H67 Boards from ASUS have a so-so UEFI implementation. They were the first Sandy Bridge boards with UEFI. This might exaplain it. They only detect UEFI boot on USB drives. They don't on disks. Everytime I tried clover as a UEFI boot, they don't detect it. IF you try to boot on the drive it hangs with a cursor on screen. But if you boot a legacy one it works.

On USB it's not like that. A UEFI boot works perfectly. And it's detected by the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back