Contribute
Register

Clover not compatible with Macos Catalina version

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent one listed in the "Downloads" area is 4961 . . . which I'm currently using. Every time I go into the "boot" section of Hackintool it tells me that I should upgrade to the newest version, now 5099. However, if I try to do the upgrade I get the "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS." message and the upgrade fails.

Same here. I already have Clover 5100 EFI folder copied onto the EFI Partition of my boot SSD and boots fine. But I wanted to install Clover Pref Pane so I ran the Clover Installer PKG and selected the Pref Pane & Scripts from the list but get the error stating the incompatibility. I did not go ahead and exited. Did you solve this ?

Clover Pref Pane and Script are for pre catalina, they just made a new Clover.app which replaced them and compatible with catalina.

Used page 1 to create Catalina usb installer with latest clover from GitHub. Put it in the PC and I get no Catalina choice. ...just the round options, reboot, etc ones. Usb built on latest Mojave no problems.

I had the same problem (unsupported version) trying to install Clover (any version I could find) with Catalina 10.15.3.

So, why not just copy the app itself into your Applications folder instead of installing the PKG? Here it is: Clover app

And, it works!

I got the same message. After upgrading from Mojave to Catalina, could I just replace the whole EFI with the one I had for Mojave and call it a day?

Copying only the kexts made it impossible to boot.
But on my last machine, I was pretty happy with the way everything worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back