Dell-05JF1T
CPU
i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have successfully installed Mojave 10.14.1 on my Dell Vostro 3558 and almost everything is working (Replaced the Wifi card with BCM94352Z).

The problem is that I have a very slow boot requiring more than 2 mins. I ran the command

log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start $(date "+%Y-%m-%d") --debug

and it showed a no. of errors mostly hundreds of duplicates of

Code:
2018-12-19 09:53:54.036228+0530 0xb8       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Skipping for finger position Y 2633 on button area
2018-12-19 09:53:55.205001+0530 0x1f1b     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (Sandbox) failed to lookup target storage class: 2

Can anyone help me speedup the boot time?
Thank you. debug.zip attached as per FAQ

Attachments

• debug_15322.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 104
I have successfully installed Mojave 10.14.1 on my Dell Vostro 3558 and almost everything is working (Replaced the Wifi card with BCM94352Z).

The problem is that I have a very slow boot requiring more than 2 mins. I ran the command

log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start $(date "+%Y-%m-%d") --debug

and it showed a no. of errors mostly hundreds of duplicates of

Code:
2018-12-19 09:53:54.036228+0530 0xb8       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Skipping for finger position Y 2633 on button area
2018-12-19 09:53:55.205001+0530 0x1f1b     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (Sandbox) failed to lookup target storage class: 2

Can anyone help me speedup the boot time?
Thank you. debug.zip attached as per FAQ

You have bad settings in config.plist/ACPI.

Refer to the guide for correct starter plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks for the reply.

1. I went through the guide and I reinstalled Clover from your fork. But the config.plist still shows the earlier settings. I am unable to fix the bad settings.

2. I installed the necessary kexts in either L/E or S/L/E and whichever was advised to be installed at Clover/kext/others I installed there. Then I fixed permissions using Kext Utility.

Can you please help me correct my mistakes. (I am not very technologically educated)

Thanks again.

But the config.plist still shows the earlier settings. I am unable to fix the bad settings.

Read guide, "Choosing a config.plist".

I installed the necessary kexts in either L/E or S/L/E and whichever was advised to be installed at Clover/kext/others I installed there. Then I fixed permissions using Kext Utility

As per FAQ, kexts go to /L/E on 10.11 and later.
No need to fix permissions if you install kexts as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...m-reporting-files.235953/page-29#post-1862814

I tried the steps you said (whatever I could understand) but the error still exists.
Steps I did-
1. Replaced HDD with and SSD (now boots faster but the error that I mentioned in the first post still exists)
2. Rebuilt DSDT after replacing SSD
Patches included Remove _DSM
Brightness Fix Haswell
Haswell HD4400
Haswell LPC
HPET Fix
IRQ Fix
VoodooI2C Windows 8.1 Patch​
3. Rebuilt config.plist using HD4400 Haswell config.plist from your fork.
4. Fixed kext permissions using
Code:
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I am attaching the debug.zip. Please help with solving this.

Attachments

• debug_2990.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 67
I tried the steps you said (whatever I could understand) but the error still exists.
Steps I did-
1. Replaced HDD with and SSD (now boots faster but the error that I mentioned in the first post still exists)
2. Rebuilt DSDT after replacing SSD
Patches included Remove _DSM
Brightness Fix Haswell
Haswell HD4400
Haswell LPC
HPET Fix
IRQ Fix
VoodooI2C Windows 8.1 Patch​
3. Rebuilt config.plist using HD4400 Haswell config.plist from your fork.
4. Fixed kext permissions using
Code:
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I am attaching the debug.zip. Please help with solving this.

Why do you have both ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext *and* VoodooI2C*.kext installed?
Typically, you use VoodooI2C.kext with VoodooPS2Controller.kext (for keyboard), not AppleSmartTouchPad.kext.

Why do you have both ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext *and* VoodooI2C*.kext installed?
Typically, you use VoodooI2C.kext with VoodooPS2Controller.kext (for keyboard), not AppleSmartTouchPad.kext.
I followed you advice.
I tried with VodooPS2Controller with and without the VoodooI2C kexts. I got functional trackpad but a bit glitchy and some keyboard key maps were not working.eg Home, End etc.

So I removed VoodooI2C kexts and installed AppleSmartPS2Touchpad.kext It works flawlessly. But on running the command that I mentioned in the opening post I still have that repetitive Sandbox and Touchpad errors.

Attached the debug.zip

Attachments

• debug_13048.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
I followed you advice.
I tried with VodooPS2Controller with and without the VoodooI2C kexts. I got functional trackpad but a bit glitchy and some keyboard key maps were not working.eg Home, End etc.

So I removed VoodooI2C kexts and installed AppleSmartPS2Touchpad.kext It works flawlessly. But on running the command that I mentioned in the opening post I still have that repetitive Sandbox and Touchpad errors.

Attached the debug.zip
you seem to have forgotten to install FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions

you seem to have forgotten to install FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions
I have it in Clover/kext/other
Do I need to put it in L/E as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back