Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8H67-M
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
I've just upgraded to Mojave. I come from High Sierra.
I prepared the a clover boot with this kexts
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

After several problems now I can boot on my machine all the time and it seems stable. But I think this kexts are not being injected. Is there a way to know?

I come from a very stable tonymac's High Sierra installation and I was very happy. My problem here is taht this is the second Mojave installation I try because the first one was messed up by something when I ran multibeast. I want to be extra careful now.

I can see that I have

S/L/E
FakeSMC.kext.

This has to be from my High Sierra installation.

Also I see that on L/E I also have FakeSMC.kext

L/E
FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC plugins
RealtekRTL8111.kext

I've read that if there is a FakeSMC on L/E or S/L/E the Clover Extensions wont be injected. Is that true?

Should I remove FakeSMC from L/E and S/L/E and then the Clover Injection will happen?

I've just upgraded to Mojave. I come from High Sierra.
I prepared the a clover boot with this kexts
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

After several problems now I can boot on my machine all the time and it seems stable. But I think this kexts are not being injected. Is there a way to know?

I come from a very stable tonymac's High Sierra installation and I was very happy. My problem here is taht this is the second Mojave installation I try because the first one was messed up by something when I ran multibeast. I want to be extra careful now.

I can see that I have

S/L/E
FakeSMC.kext.

This has to be from my High Sierra installation.

Also I see that on L/E I also have FakeSMC.kext

L/E
FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC plugins
RealtekRTL8111.kext

I've read that if there is a FakeSMC on L/E or S/L/E the Clover Extensions wont be injected. Is that true?

Should I remove FakeSMC from L/E and S/L/E and then the Clover Injection will happen?
no 3rd party kexts belong in /S/L/E

have them all in clover/kexts/other

or have them all in /L/E and just keep essential kexts in clover/kexts/other

So from what you are saying in /S/L/E there should not be FakeSMC.kext, isn't it?

So from what you are saying in /S/L/E there should not be FakeSMC.kext, isn't it?

correct, no fakesmckext in S/L/E, this is only for Apple Kexts and it has a SMC.Kext, we use a fake to fool the system to Boot.

There are 3 locations for Kexts we generally only use two and in Catalina most of us use only Clover for the Kexts.

S/L/E=generally don’t use.
L/E=OSX versions before Catalina.
Clover/Kexts/Other=Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back