i5 4690K Haswell
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi forum

In my hackintosh I have two SSDs, one for Windows and other for OS X. I used to boot using Chimera but during this weekend I migrated to Clover.

In the Clover wiki it says:
If the Timeout integer is set to 0, hold any key when powering on to invoke the bootloader GUI.

Yet, even if I set the timeout to zero and hold a key, it boots automatically to the last booted volume instead of invoking the GUI. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, I got a lot of problems to get Windows to boot. It turns out I had to turn off the Intel HD Graphics which is not a very big issue as I have an nVidia card, yet I would like to been able to boot with the IGPU turned on. The original issue was that clover would boot correctly, but after the loading screen I'd get just a black screen (much like this post). How could I fix this problem? (I have a GTX 680 and a GA-Z97X-SLI).

Finally, is there a way to install the BootCamp control panel in my Windows installation? If not, is there something like that? Because I want to be able to change the boot partition before rebooting without the need to go in the Clover GUI.

Thanks!

Yet, even if I set the timeout to zero and hold a key, it boots automatically to the last booted volume instead of invoking the GUI. Is there something I'm missing?

I don't know if holding down a key works, but i read in the forum that changing timeout to -1 will make it so that you boot automatically to the last booted volume. However, it sounds like you would prefer to see the boot screen no matter what.... to do that, in your config.plist file change the timeout to something greater than 0 (I use 3). That way it gives you X seconds to decide if you want to boot OS X or Windows. Plus if you hit a key when the boot screen displays and before the X seconds are up, the timer stops and you have as much time as you need to decide.

What I want it is to work similar to a normal Mac. When you boot in a Mac you don't see the boot loader GUI unless you hold down the alt key, it will always boot to the last selected operating system. I want functionality like that.

What I want it is to work similar to a normal Mac. When you boot in a Mac you don't see the boot loader GUI unless you hold down the alt key, it will always boot to the last selected operating system. I want functionality like that.

Just manually edit your config.plist and set the default boot volume. Set your timeout [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] to 0. After that it will boot you directly into the OS X but if you hit any key on the keyboard while it boots you will get the loading screen to boot into a different OS. [/FONT]

I got it to work, but is very sloppy, I have to press a lot of keys a lot of times, like typing trash, not an ideal solution.

I need to click just once, may be you need to find the exact moment to make a click. As far as I know this is the only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back