CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 FE
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I just installed yosemite with clover and after a lot of messing about with different settings and numerous reinstalls I finally got everything working but now when I try to log in to iCloud I get a pop up that just says 'account limit reached'.

I created a new iCloud account to use as I don't want my existing account associated with my hackintosh as I don't want to risk anything happening to it given all the issues that have been happening recently. Not really sure what to do in order to get iCloud access, I started looking through the 'How to fix iMessage' sticky on the forum to see if there was anything there that could work but non of it really seemed to apply as to me my current serial number is not registered so I didn't need to go through any of the steps to change it and the size of the information in the post is starting to get really daunting :crazy:

I never used multibeast with my clover install as Im not sure if there'd be any conflictions and I found a few posts where people were saying multibeast was breaking their clover installs and given I'm new to clover Im not completely sure of all the ins and outs of clover.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Have you created more than one iCloud account on your hack? Apparently your only allowed to create three on any one device. You can however create one on a different device that hasn't hit the three limit and then use that.

BTW I wouldn't worry about using your iCloud account on your Hack, I would guess 99% of people with hacks use them as well as on their genuine apple products. If apple did decide to block them I would assume lawsuits would soon follow as purchases are tied to your iCloud account.

The issues involve blocking hardware, not iCloud accounts.

Ive only created the one account on this hack but I used appleid.apple.com from safari to create it, I did however click on the 'create apple id' links in iCloud and internet accounts a couple times from system prefs but never actually created an account using them as I was looking to see if the old method of creating id without an existing email address was still a possibility but its seems to be completely removed now.

Guess does that mean simply clicking on those links count towards the max account limit?
Is it possible to reset the limit by changing the s/n?

Just occurred to me that its iCloud that I am attempting to log into which isn't working, just tried signing into iTunes and the app store and that works fine which is more or less what I was wanting, iCloud was kinda secondary.

Saw a post where people have either sent their macs off for repair and had the motherboard replaced or they've installed a new HDD and they experience same problem and some people have reported that they've fixed their problem by logging into iCloud from a different mac and then they're able to log into the effected mac again, not sure sure how or why this would work as it would require the block to be placed on the account instead of the OS but might try this later on from my MBP to see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back