Contribute
Register

Clover HD2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booting fine into sierra. with -x but when normal booting i get a glitched display not artifacts like completely glitched and garbled

Apprently clover supports hd2500 how ever. it doesnt seem to be connecting in? any solutions?

Desktop

Pentium
HD2500

Booting fine into sierra. with -x but when normal booting i get a glitched display not artifacts like completely glitched and garbled

Apprently clover supports hd2500 how ever. it doesnt seem to be connecting in? any solutions?

Desktop

Pentium
HD2500

Assuming same as 10.11, HD2500 is not supported. (you can get CI, but not QE)

Assuming same as 10.11, HD2500 is not supported. (you can get CI, but not QE)
How do I get CI working in this case, i have created an usb sierra installer via my desktop hackintosh.

Using the desktop settings in clover EFI and booting the installer in verbose mode manages to bring me to the point where it switches over for graphics, thats the point at which I get an freeze and no login screen, I could mount the installesd.dmg to do some edits if necessary to get it working

any assistance possible in getting CI, not necessarily QE would be appreciated rehabman.

ill attached my dsdt.aml file and my clover folder for additional info

Attachments

• efi.rar
    34.3 MB · Views: 620
  • dsdt.aml
    13.2 KB · Views: 331
How do I get CI working in this case, i have created an usb sierra installer via my desktop hackintosh.

Using the desktop settings in clover EFI and booting the installer in verbose mode manages to bring me to the point where it switches over for graphics, thats the point at which I get an freeze and no login screen, I could mount the installesd.dmg to do some edits if necessary to get it working

any assistance possible in getting CI, not necessarily QE would be appreciated rehabman.

ill attached my dsdt.aml file and my clover folder for additional info

config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=valid-ig-platform-id for HD4000 that works (likely 0x0166000a)
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x01668086

other requirements:
- DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb.
- VT-d disabled (or use dart=0)
- digital connection to monitor (VGA not supported)

Thanks for the info rehabman, much appreciated,

Seems some info was missing from my post, the installer I'm trying to create is for my Chromebook laptop.

the laptop uses celeron 847 CPU
Not sure if the settings need to be differs t in that case, and I only have access to the UEFI, not the BIOS, so I can't set the DVMT-prealloc,

I'm going to attempt those settings you recommended in the meantime.

the laptop uses celeron 847 CPU

It is not HD2500. That Celeron is Sandy Bridge graphics (HD2500/HD4000 is Ivy) ... and Celeron is not supported.
You need a different laptop.

Laptop questions off-topic in the desktop forums anyway.

. (you can get CI, but not QE)

Could you please give a little bit details on how to get CI,
I am also having same configuration and it was booting, but shows up only 3 mb graphics, with hd 2500.
thanks

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-21 at 06.59.46 (1).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back