Contribute
Register

[Clover] El Capitan sometimes boot, sometimes doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an working install of OS X El Capitan in a i5 Ivy Bridge laptop. Almost everything works (audio, Internet, battery status, HDMI video), while a few other parts don't (HDMI audio). But now, I have a problem: some times Clover just hangs at boot.
I might turn on the laptop, and it can boot into El Capitan just fine.
I might turn on the laptop, and it hangs on the Apple screen forever. If I get this error while in verbose, it stops right before when video should be taking place (bluetooth working, PPGTT Enabled, then something about USB - I'm not booting from the USB anymore).
When this happens, I get it to work again by rebooting one more time and/or booting with more flags (-v -f -x). After I boot into safe mode, most of the time I can reboot with everything working as it should.

I got an working install of OS X El Capitan in a i5 Ivy Bridge laptop. Almost everything works (audio, Internet, battery status, HDMI video), while a few other parts don't (HDMI audio). But now, I have a problem: some times Clover just hangs at boot.
I might turn on the laptop, and it can boot into El Capitan just fine.
I might turn on the laptop, and it hangs on the Apple screen forever. If I get this error while in verbose, it stops right before when video should be taking place (bluetooth working, PPGTT Enabled, then something about USB - I'm not booting from the USB anymore).
When this happens, I get it to work again by rebooting one more time and/or booting with more flags (-v -f -x). After I boot into safe mode, most of the time I can reboot with everything working as it should.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I'm assuming you're talking about this guide. I've just read it all and I couldn't see any error similar to my problem. This paragraph seems related, but I'm not sure:

You might be wondering if this will result in duplicate kexts being loaded due to the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts being injected when they are also installed to the system volume. The answer is no, not generally. With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect", kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts are not injected when FakeSMC.kext is in kernel cache. Because FakeSMC.kext is always a "kext you need", you will always install it to the system volume, which will put it in kernel cache. Kernel cache, of course, will not have FakeSMC.kext when booting the installer or recovery, so in these cases the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts *will* be injected as you would expect.

I have the video kexts (Intel HD 4000) installed in System/Library/Extensions. I'm getting graphics acceleration. But for some reason, after 2 or 3 reboots, it fails to load graphics, stopping at the bluetooth part. I can type stuff in the black screen, so I think it isn't frozen, its just not loading graphics for some reason.

Could it be that my system is building a broken cache for some reason? If so, what could be causing this?

Configuration:
Laptop: HP Pavilion G4 GA-2165BR
CPU: Intel Core i5 3320M
GPU: Intel HD4000

I see. So, no easy way to fix this without a new, clean install?
Thanks!

Not worth my cleaning up your mess. Start over and follow the guide as written.

Did you have any luck? I have this issue too sometimes on my C720 and XPS13!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back