Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Clover : El Capitan : kernel panic on installation, memory issue, how to configure memory manually ?

Hi, I have a Z97N WIFI with an i5 4690 and GTX960 as well as 8GB of ram.
When installing El Capitan with Clover, I get this error on the first step of the installation, where I boot on my USB and choose install El capitan.
"panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff88295273a6): "zone init:
know_suballoc failed"0/Library/ Cache/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.99/osfnk/kern/zalloc.c:2199."
I think it is about a memory problem.
By the way this is the first and the only thing that shows up when I boot with verbose.
And this shows up 60 seconds after I clicked "install el capitan".
Just after that my computer reboots.

Thank you :)

UPDATE : I actually have to configure my Memory but I don't know how to do that.
UPDATE : To configure memory it is better to do it manually. You have the sample on Clover's wiki.
(here is mine, it is in the SMBIOS part, I also took some of the information above and under that you
can more easily find where to put it).
Code:
        <string>iMac</string>        <key>Manufacturer</key>
        <string>Apple Inc.</string>
        <key>Memory</key>
<dict>
  <key>Channels</key>
  <integer>2</integer>
  <key>SlotCount</key>
  <integer>2</integer>
  <key>Modules</key>
  <array>
    <dict>
      <key>Slot</key>
      <integer>0</integer>
      <key>Size</key>
      <integer>8192</integer>
      <key>Frequency</key>
      <integer>1866</integer>
      <key>Vendor</key>
      <string>HyperX</string>
      <key>Type</key>
      <string>DDR3</string>
   </dict>
  </array>
</dict>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>iMac14,2</string>
        <key>SerialNumber</key>

Clover configuration doesn't work correctly with that, I don't know why. And when you edit this manually the clover config doesn't read it correctly anymore.

And now my problem is grey/white screen (and loading cursor) with loading and the
"Service exited with abnormal code: 255" appears.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-capitan-install-problems.html#CategoryFreeze tells us to that it because of the FakeSMC and now I still had some trouble getting past it,. But I did update the file, I also changed InjectKext to "Yes" (and not "YES" as the thread tells us, I think I got stuck because of that), and also deleted everything on the kext folder except Others in which I put the FakeSMC. Voila.
If some people get the same error and can't get past it, ask me below.

I write this for people searching on google.
#White screen, nothing happens, stuck, grey screen, looping, cursor loading, rainbow, beach ball, wait, unfinished.

I found out here https://github.com/Kaijun/Acer-V5-573G-Hackintosh/issues/21 (last message) that it is a memory problem and that I should define it manually.
So I am using clover config and at the SMBIOS there is the memory settings.
The thing is that I don't know how to fill it.
Firstly my motherboard has 2 ram slots, my memory is on DDR3_2, so on clover should I put slot 1 or 2 (since it is computer language and starts at 0).
Also, my ram is at 1866MHz and this setting doesn't exist there, there is only 18K.
And lastly, I don't know what Vendor means, I assume it is required since there is a little * on it.

I am getting there :)

EDIT : the answer is in the first message. ;)

your solution helped me, have z87n-wifi, the same stroke
panic(cpu 0 ... ... ... ... ... c:2199
i haven't any idea how to solve this, and tried to put some strings in SMBIOS part about my memory (have 1 stick 4gb), - and el capitan boots!!!
thanks alot! :headbang:

Just ran into this problem. Try resetting BIOS to defaults and then back to recommended settings for machine.

I have the same problem but can't solved it can someone help me please?
bo772z

Attachments

• Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 1,234
well, my new memory came and all is back to normal...no need to edit smbios, etc. btw, kingston memory is warranteed for life!

I have a motherboard GA-H81M-H
I had one memory installed on my board in DDR3 port #2 and got that error
I solved this installing two memories on my motherboard or one memory in DDR3 port #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back