CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was on Catalina beta 2, with clover version 5070 and it worked great. It is installed on my SSD.
I also have another installation of MacOS Catalina beta 2 on my laptop's HDD.
I tried to update my main installation (SSD) to the final version of Catalina.
My process was:
1. Update kexts and drivers
2. Check config.list and EFI folder to make sure everything looks fine.
3. Clover was already updated enough to run Catalina beta, so I figured I don't have to update it to boot the final version (I dont even think that there is a newer version yet).
4. Updated to the latest version from "system updates".
5. It even booted into MacOS after the installation, and I used it for a couple of hours.

Then I powered my laptop off, and when I came back and powered it on - there was no MacOS boot entry for the SSD setup!
It does show the HDD setup, and both the SSD and HDD recovery partitions (so the drive is recognizd, just not the MacOS partition specifically).

When I press F3 in clover, it does show the PreVault prebooter partition, but still not the MacOS partition (it gives "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)").

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 85
Help anyone?
You need to add apfsdriverloader.efi to your drivers64EUFI folder in the clover efi. It’s not seeing the drives because they’re formatted in apfs, and clover doesn’t have a way to see them without that efi.

You need to add apfsdriverloader.efi to your drivers64EUFI folder in the clover efi. It’s not seeing the drives because they’re formatted in apfs, and clover doesn’t have a way to see them without that efi.

it was already apfs before, and it did boot. and I have apfsdriverloader.efi placed in drivers.

Your EFI folder is all screwed up.

You need a folder named "drivers64EUFI" in EFI/CLOVER

Move the files from the EFI/CLOVER/drivers/EUFI folder to the new folder.

You also have an off folder in kexts and drivers which is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back