Contribute
Register

Clover customization. How to prevent clover searching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10900K 3.7 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My computer have two SSD M.2. One I have Windows 10 and the other, I have OSX Mojave. When I boot from Mojave it takes long time to prompt me to log in because CLOVER make a searching for everything that is installed. Is there a way to customize Clover in order to speed up its booting process by not checking everything?

Thanks

My computer have two SSD M.2. One I have Windows 10 and the other, I have OSX Mojave. When I boot from Mojave it takes long time to prompt me to log in because CLOVER make a searching for everything that is installed. Is there a way to customize Clover in order to speed up its booting process by not checking everything?

@csat,

You can define custom entries for each OS and turn Off Auto Detect ...
It's one area where Clover Configurator makes things a bit easer ...

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 13.00.51.png

See the Clover WiKi for more info and instructions :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@jaymonkey

Thanks a lot for your kind response.

Sure I should had read the WiKi b4 asking, my bad sorry. At the first look I was thinking about turn off scanning from Clover configuration but it could harm the booting process. I hope that the WiKi shows some examples on how to create customized entries for each OS.

Thanks again.
csat

I hope that the WiKi shows some examples on how to create customized entries for each OS.

@csat,

It's pretty easy ...
Here is an example of my MacOS custom entry :-

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 13.29.34.png

And here is the one for Windows 10 which uses a UUID for the volume name :-

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 13.43.18.png

You only need to set the four items ..
  1. The name or UUID of the Volume you want to create an entry for.
  2. The text you want to see for that entry in Clover (Optional).
  3. The Type of OS or Utility that the entry is for (eg: OSX, Windows, Linux, Recovery ..etc).
  4. Volume is Internal or External
The rest of the options for each entry are optional.

You can find out the UUID of a volume by looking at the Clover pre-boot log or by pressing space on a selection in Clover (with Auto Scan on)

Note: If you do turn off Auto Scan then be sure to remember to turn it back on before you do a MacOS update otherwise Clover will not find/show the update volumes .... once the update has completed you can turn Auto Scan off again.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Very good explained. Thank you.

Regards
CSAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back