Contribute
Register

Clover Configurator hangs on saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the help. I assumed it was okay because my system boots and functions.

CC is so prevalent and my Hackintosh-fu is weak that I rely on the examples I see; most are in CC. I'd like to fix it for CC. I'm thinking it's a errant return or space.

Are you able to open the config in CC and attempt to Save or Save As...? I'd really appreciate you trying if it's not a bother. Or look at it to see if there's anything obvious...
tried to create a duplicate using clover configurator and i have a spinning wheel, but as mentioned, i don't use it as it causes more issues than needed

Okay... so I'm not crazy ;) Thanks for the help.

also clover configurator has been known to cause issues with config.plist's, use xcode or plistEditPro
Ive seen this statement a few times but never seen an example of it happening - is there a way of making CC produce a fault?

Ive seen this statement a few times but never seen an example of it happening - is there a way of making CC produce a fault?
you can download the config,plist from page 1 and try

@Herb,

The error is in the Kext's to Patch Section :-

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g72M/v//EA==</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g72M/v//Fg==</data>
            </dict>

You have a boolean value of <false/> for the <key> of "Comment"
It should be string value EG: <string>Patch USB XHCI</string>
So the final code would look like :-

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Patch USB XHCI</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g72M/v//EA==</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g72M/v//Fg==</data>
            </dict>

Cheers
Jay

Q. Is this something CC might have done? or was it caused by editing otherwise.

Last edited:
config from post 1, checks as correct in plutil but cant view it 'Text Mode' or save or duplicate it in CC. Opening it in VS Code and saving it without any changes brings same behaviour in CC.
All opening and closing tags seem to be in order. Found an Error in on line 301 - needs a text value and gets a boolean, fixing that makes the config work right in CC - but this still leaves the Q. Is this something CC might have done? or was it caused by editing otherwise.
maybe, not sure, as mentioned i don't use it :)

Clover Configurator has always been a little flakey if the variable/parameter types are out of bounds or incorrect.
Usually it causes the parsing engine to fail and it will just display an empty file.

Its got a bit better as its evolved but it's still prone as in this case ...

The only way to resolve it would be to implement a strict rule set for the parsing engine but that would be a lot of extra work. Currently Clover Configurator only checks variable/parameter types as they are entered in CC.

If you edit the file outside of CC then and make a mistake then these sort of issues can happen.

I tend to use XCode, Plist Edit Pro or BBEdit for editing plists, i'd rather work with the raw file rather than rely on apps such as CC which need to be constantly updated as the spec for config.plist evolves., but I can understand it's appeal for novices or those who are not familiar with the plist format.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Its got a bit better as its evolved but it's still prone as in this case ...
Thanks - just tried using CC to enter 0,-1 and 'false' as a value and they were all handled as strings. Im looking for an example of when CC breaks things and dont know if this is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back