Clover Configurator hangs on saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X99A SLI PLUS
CPU
Graphics
Vega 64
I have a working config.plist that I have been using for a while.

The weird issue is that Clover Configurator hangs and cannot save any changes I make to it. It does not matter which directory it is in; EFI/Clover, Desktop, etc... Will someone please look at it and tell me if there is a structural issue with it?

I think there may be a typo or unclosed tag.
I’m not seeing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I have a working config.plist that I have been using for a while.

The weird issue is that Clover Configurator hangs and cannot save any changes I make to it. It does not matter which directory it is in; EFI/Clover, Desktop, etc... Will someone please look at it and tell me if there is a structural issue with it?

I think there may be a typo or unclosed tag.
I’m not seeing.
in terminal:

Code:
plutil config.plist
or type in plutil and drag config.plist in terminal

Weird:
config.plist: file does not exist or is not readable or is not a regular file (Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “config.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=config.plist, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fdb8b6066d0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}})

Weird:
config.plist: file does not exist or is not readable or is not a regular file (Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “config.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=config.plist, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fdb8b6066d0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}})
you need to be in the correct folder in terminal or drag the config.plist after typing plutil

What I don't understand is I copied it to my desktop. PlistEdit Pro is able so save a copy of it - anywhere. But CC can't save it back to the desktop or anywhere. The manual changes I make to it work.

dragging it after plutil gives me this:
plutil/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: No such file or directory

This is a separate issue...

dragging it after plutil gives me this:
plutil/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: No such file or directory

This is a separate issue...
you need to have a space after plutil

Oops! Thank you.

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: OK

Oops! Thank you.

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: OK
now you know how to check a config.plist :)

also clover configurator has been known to cause issues with config.plist's, use xcode or plistEditPro

Thank you for the help. I assumed it was okay because my system boots and functions.

CC is so prevalent and my Hackintosh-fu is weak that I rely on the examples I see; most are in CC. I'd like to fix it for CC. I'm thinking it's a errant return or space.

Are you able to open the config in CC and attempt to Save or Save As...? I'd really appreciate you trying if it's not a bother. Or look at it to see if there's anything obvious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back