Intel HD3000 1366x768 + NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, AMD Radeon 6850M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi guys,

I used Clover UEFI boot and installed Mavericks from bootable USB, but clover cannot find any installed Mavericks after reboot. It can detect Windows and Ubuntu just fine, but not Mavericks.

Any suggestion please?

hi guys,

I used Clover UEFI boot and installed Mavericks from bootable USB, but clover cannot find any installed Mavericks after reboot. It can detect Windows and Ubuntu just fine, but not Mavericks.

Any suggestion please?
What drivers are you using for Clover?

hi guys,

Any suggestion please?

I dont think it will work on your model laptop, assuming it is a laptop your installing it on and your not trying to run mavericks on a playstation or something?

hi guys,

Any suggestion please?

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I got it working, and I would like to report back.

1. For 10.9 installation, I have to do it twice on two HFS+ partitions, After the second installation, Clover is able to find the last installed Mavericks.
2. For 10.9.2 installation, I have to have three HFS+ partitions, and installation would be able to find and be installed on the last HFS+ partition.
3. I also think T1hom7as probably has a point. At one time, I changed to CloverEFI 64bits SATA, and I suspect it has something to do with the result.

The next steps would be moving on to extract and path SSDT and DSDT when I have time tonight, to make the installation actually usable.

RehabMan,

if you happen to be looking at this post, would be you please have the suspension lift on my other account "ericw120"? I had that account for years since the days of 10.6, and I had no intention to blatant disregard of forum policies on piracy and I am sorry for it.

Thanks

I got it working, and I would like to report back.

1. For 10.9 installation, I have to do it twice on two HFS+ partitions, After the second installation, Clover is able to find the last installed Mavericks.
2. For 10.9.2 installation, I have to have three HFS+ partitions, and installation would be able to find and be installed on the last HFS+ partition.
3. I also think T1hom7as probably has a point. At one time, I changed to CloverEFI 64bits SATA, and I suspect it has something to do with the result.

Does your computer lack UEFI support?

RehabMan,

if you happen to be looking at this post, would be you please have the suspension lift on my other account "ericw120"? I had that account for years since the days of 10.6, and I had no intention to blatant disregard of forum policies on piracy and I am sorry for it.

Moderators do not make such decisions.

Does your computer lack UEFI support?

I am using BIOS V1.20 by Akbar102 on my Acer 5755G, which should have full UEFI support.

I am using BIOS V1.20 by Akbar102 on my Acer 5755G, which should have full UEFI support.

Why are you using Clover in legacy mode (CloverEFI) instead of Clover UEFI?

Why are you using Clover in legacy mode (CloverEFI) instead of Clover UEFI?

When I tried to install USB under UEFI mode, the Clover installer always fails for some reason.

A default installation of Clover to USB however works, and I only changed from CloverEFI 64bits BiosBlockIO to CloverUEFI 64-bits SATA.

The BIOS V1.20 by Akbar102 will recognize there is UEFI USB bootable device from boot manager.

Also, like T1hom7as mentioned, this BIOS will find UEFI Windows Boot manager, but not Clover installed in EFI partition no matter what mode I am using, so the way to boot clover from EFI drive is to move CLOVERX64.efi file from EFI/CLOVER/ and place it inside of EFI/Microsoft/boot/ and rename it to 'bootmgfw.efi'. Not sure if this is an UEFI bug of this BIOS.

Also, like T1hom7as mentioned, this BIOS will find UEFI Windows Boot manager, but not Clover installed in EFI partition no matter what mode I am using, so the way to boot clover from EFI drive is to move CLOVERX64.efi file from EFI/CLOVER/ and place it inside of EFI/Microsoft/boot/ and rename it to 'bootmgfw.efi'. Not sure if this is an UEFI bug of this BIOS.

It is just how some BIOS implementations work. Probably the spec is a bit loose here or has changed over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back