1. iOS
To be fair, I should say that *I* broke my installs with Clover's assistance :D

Hp ProBook 4530s SKU XU015UT#ABA
CPU: Core i3 2310M @ 2.1GHz
Chipset: HM65 Express
VGA: Intel HD3000
LAN: RTL8168E/8111E PCIe
BT: Qualcom Atheros
SSD: Crucial M4 - 2 partitions with Mountain Lion and Mavericks (No Windows partition)
BIOS was originally set to legacy mode
BIOS was (and still is) set to AHCI

System was booting correctly from Chameleon with audio, LAN and VGA all working correctly (tested ALL of them before starting)

1. Wanted to update Mavericks to Sierra via Clover UEFI boot.
2. Updated BIOS from F28 to F67 (latest). Confirmed able to boot both partitions (did not check audio)
3. Changed to UEFI boot mode, and after a few hiccups, managed to boot
4. Replaced Chameleon with Clover build v2.4k r4091

Don't remember the exact order of events around items 3 and 4, but after doing minor tweaking, resurrected both partitions booting from Clover - at one point system would not boot, but that may have been in UEFI mode with chameleon still running

Having got back into both partitions, I now find that BOTH partitions have no audio device, and no battery present (no working power management?).

I've tried to research my own solution, but I'm confused as to whether I should be using Clover and Probook Installer to fix my issues, but drivers/kexts should be present as they were there previously. I'm wondering if Clover just didn't import the correct configuration from Chameleon? I may have confused things further by trying to install a Realtek codec BEFORE I remembered that my Probook is IDT92HD87 and not ALC888 which is in my Hackmini. Doh!

I have tried AudioCodecDetect_v2.2.command from Toleda, and it tells me:

Code:
Last login: Sat Jun 17 13:13:02 on console
compasss-mbp:~ admin$ /Users/admin/Downloads/audio_codecdetect_v2.2.command ; exit;
File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.2

No audio codec detected
Verify BIOS, hardware, etc.

logout

[Process completed]

Any suggestions very gratefully received. I wasn't sure whether to post this under audio, or Clover, but given that it was precipitated by Clover, I went with that!

Last edited:
Moved to Laptop Support.

To be fair, I should say that *I* broke my installs with Clover's assistance :D

Hp ProBook 4530s SKU XU015UT#ABA
CPU: Core i3 2310M @ 2.1GHz
Chipset: HM65 Express
VGA: Intel HD3000
LAN: RTL8168E/8111E PCIe
BT: Qualcom Atheros
SSD: Crucial M4 - 2 partitions with Mountain Lion and Mavericks (No Windows partition)
BIOS was originally set to legacy mode
BIOS was (and still is) set to AHCI

System was booting correctly from Chameleon with audio, LAN and VGA all working correctly (tested ALL of them before starting)

1. Wanted to update Mavericks to Sierra via Clover UEFI boot.
2. Updated BIOS from F28 to F67 (latest). Confirmed able to boot both partitions (did not check audio)
3. Changed to UEFI boot mode, and after a few hiccups, managed to boot
4. Replaced Chameleon with Clover build v2.4k r4091

Don't remember the exact order of events around items 3 and 4, but after doing minor tweaking, resurrected both partitions booting from Clover - at one point system would not boot, but that may have been in UEFI mode with chameleon still running

Having got back into both partitions, I now find that BOTH partitions have no audio device, and no battery present (no working power management?).

I've tried to research my own solution, but I'm confused as to whether I should be using Clover and Probook Installer to fix my issues, but drivers/kexts should be present as they were there previously. I'm wondering if Clover just didn't import the correct configuration from Chameleon? I may have confused things further by trying to install a Realtek codec BEFORE I remembered that my Probook is IDT92HD87 and not ALC888 which is in my Hackmini. Doh!

I have tried AudioCodecDetect_v2.2.command from Toleda, and it tells me:

Code:
Last login: Sat Jun 17 13:13:02 on console
compasss-mbp:~ admin$ /Users/admin/Downloads/audio_codecdetect_v2.2.command ; exit;
File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.2

No audio codec detected
Verify BIOS, hardware, etc.

logout

[Process completed]

Any suggestions very gratefully received. I wasn't sure whether to post this under audio, or Clover, but given that it was precipitated by Clover, I went with that!
your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back