Clover Bootloader Full Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7
CPU
Graphics
GTX 970
I have a 1440p display, I can get the bootloader to load at full resolution if I turn CSM off but then my computer can't boot into windows (on my main drive, I boot into OSX using F12), anyone know a way I can get full resolution without this or a way to get bios to load into windows without CSM?

Last edited:
Windows installed in UEFI mode shouldn't need CSM, unless you're still on Windows 7 where some drivers may still need it. Did you install Windows in legacy mode?

Windows installed in UEFI mode shouldn't need CSM, unless you're still on Windows 7 where some drivers may still need it. Did you install Windows in legacy mode?
I could of sworn I installed it in UEFI but I guess it installed in legacy because thats the only thing that would explain windows not booting with CSM off.

"CsmVideoDxe-64.efi" should be able to do what your motherboard's CSM isn't capable off. The cleanest solution would be disabling CSM though.
Ok I downloaded it and put it in the drivers64UEFI folder but that just made my resolution worse, where can i edit the resolution that this will display. Changing the resolution in the GUI section of clover configurator didn't work.

Last edited:
Ok I downloaded it and put it in the drivers64UEFI folder but that just made my resolution worse, where can i edit the resolution that this will display. Changing the resolution in the GUI section of clover configurator didn't work.

Try enabling the PatchVbios setting in Clover together with CsmVideoDxe

Try enabling the PatchVbios setting in Clover together with CsmVideoDxe
I already had it enabled and that didn't work. I ended up just changing my windows MBR to UEFI so that I could disable CSM and be able to dual boot and get the full resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back