Motherboard
Asus P8 Z68 V PRO
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to use pkgsrc for my fav *nix software and I read that pkgsrc performs best when the file system is case-sensitive.
I formatted the new hard drive to MacOS Extended Case-Sensitive & installed High Sierra.
I have installed Clover in the EFI post install but the system won’t boot on its own.
It only will boot with the USB Installing disk.

Any ideas?

I want to use pkgsrc for my fav *nix software and I read that pkgsrc performs best when the file system is case-sensitive.
pkgsrc may work with a case-sensitive file system but you may be better off installing macOS on the default case-insensitive variant and creating a separate case-sensitive volume (or disk image) for when you need this.

Thanks for the reply. Any specific reason why case-sensitive isn’t advisable?

Thanks for the reply. Any specific reason why case-sensitive isn’t advisable?
Some apps can behave strangely or not work. Which is a shame because it should be the default.

I think that Apple should enforce the case-sensitive. Since they provide it as an option, then they should force developers to support it. It should be made default like on every other *nix system out there.

I think that Apple should enforce the case-sensitive. Since they provide it as an option, then they should force developers to support it. It should be made default like on every other *nix system out there.
I think they tried a few months ago and there was uproar from pro users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back