Contribute
Register

Clover boot to black sceen - sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a special key or value to look at?

It's getting more strange.

After booting in that black screen, plugging in the external display and logging in, I can enable the internal display by pressing the power button several times.

Pressing one time brings no change. I was looking to get this menue to send the laptop to sleep. After pressing the button quickly about 3-5 times the menu appeared and suddenly I the internal screen was working.

But it is not stable. After the next boot I have again only a black screen...

It's getting more strange.

After booting in that black screen, plugging in the external display and logging in, I can enable the internal display by pressing the power button several times.

Pressing one time brings no change. I was looking to get this menue to send the laptop to sleep. After pressing the button quickly about 3-5 times the menu appeared and suddenly I the internal screen was working.

But it is not stable. After the next boot I have again only a black screen...

You should look at the data in ioreg.

Note that sleep function is available from Apple->Sleep.

I've done that. But anything changed in the PNLF tab. Does the IOExplorer has an auto update function or must I refresh the view manually after changing something?

I'm lost in that IORegistryExplorer. Unfortunately I have no clue how to use that tool to get the relevant infos.

Pressing the power button several times while logged in using an external monitor enables all the time the internal display. So there must be a way to fix that. But where to start

I've done that. But anything changed in the PNLF tab. Does the IOExplorer has an auto update function or must I refresh the view manually after changing something?

Look at the brightness data "under" PNLF (eg. IntelBacklightPanel node).

Pressing the power button several times while logged in using an external monitor enables all the time the internal display. So there must be a way to fix that. But where to start

Use Apple->Sleep so you know if it is related to sleep/wake cycle.

Ok. I'll check the sleep thing again.

What is the expexted value in the ioreg?

I did another check. I change the platform ID back to 0x0166000a which has no slider as it is using eDP. With that value booting runs without any issues.

I know this is no solution, but I can start the vaio without my 55" LG TV until a solution can be found.

What is the expexted value in the ioreg?

Experiment with IORegistryExplorer while you change the brightness, then you'll know what to expect for non-black brightness.

I did another check. I change the platform ID back to 0x0166000a which has no slider as it is using eDP. With that value booting runs without any issues.

I wonder if your display is connected via eDP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back