Contribute
Register

Clover boot to black sceen - sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fault. I didn't disabled sleep but the hibernation.

In the vaio guide I found on insanelymac it said:

Real Macs use Hibernation Mode. You need to deactivate hibernation mode.

1. Open a Terminal window.
  2. Type these commands and enter:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
    sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Is sleep working with that? I've never used it so far

My fault. I didn't disabled sleep but the hibernation.

In the vaio guide I found on insanelymac it said:

Real Macs use Hibernation Mode. You need to deactivate hibernation mode.

1. Open a Terminal window.
  2. Type these commands and enter:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
    sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Is sleep working with that? I've never used it so far

Same instructions as in my CPU PM guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Ok. I checked to adjust the brightness while booting to the black internal screen.

The slider appeared on the external monitor and adjusting brought me to an brighter or darker black internal screen.

See attached screenshots from the external screen

Attachments

• IMG_9967.JPG
    IMG_9967.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9968.JPG
    IMG_9968.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9969.JPG
    IMG_9969.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 88
Ok. I checked to adjust the brightness while booting to the black internal screen.

The slider appeared on the external monitor and adjusting brought me to an brighter or darker black internal screen.

See attached screenshots from the external screen

No idea then... have you tried a fresh install? Make sure ACPI is patched based on a current extract.

Yes. I've reinstalled 10.12.1

I'll check ACPI again.

What about the nvram idea?

I found an old thread where they talked about the possibility that the nvram.plist could forget the brightness level and boots with the standard values

https://www.idelta.info/archives/more-about-nvram-on-hackintosh/

Any ideas on this?

Or is it generally possible that clover boots to zero brightness on the working internal graphic card?

I found an old thread where they talked about the possibility that the nvram.plist could forget the brightness level and boots with the standard values

https://www.idelta.info/archives/more-about-nvram-on-hackintosh/

Any ideas on this?

Or is it generally possible that clover boots to zero brightness on the working internal graphic card?

Correct NVRAM configuration:
- no EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
OR (if native NVRAM does not work)
- EmuVaribleUefi-64.efi + "RC scripts"

This configuration was ok.

I patched the DSDT again with the HD3000/HD4000 brightness fix and booting went fine.

But after I changed the brightness with the slider the same behavior as before startet. The machine boots into a black screen only.

As it seems that it happens only if I have used the slider before could this and black screen when starting hang together?

Is the a funktion in clover where I can set a fix brightness level for the start?

This configuration was ok.

I patched the DSDT again with the HD3000/HD4000 brightness fix and booting went fine.

But after I changed the brightness with the slider the same behavior as before startet. The machine boots into a black screen only.

As it seems that it happens only if I have used the slider before could this and black screen when starting hang together?

Is the a funktion in clover where I can set a fix brightness level for the start?

Use an external monitor so you can check what is going on (ioreg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back