Contribute
Register

Clover Boot screen 10 second delay - Fast boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD5-FB
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
I'm a hackintosh noob so please bare with me.

After a few problems, I managed to install El Capitan successfully thanks to the great guide by tonymacx86 as well as the great config.plist posted in the X58 & El Capitan thread.

My question is that I can boot automatically into my SSD but there is a 10 second delay before it boots automatically.

I have changed the timeout in my config.plist from 10 to 0 but this did not help.

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>OS X</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>
</dict>

I am not sure whether to use fast boot or not and I made the change in text edit and not clover configurator because this seems to change some of the values for other parts in the boot menu without me knowing.

My system specs are:

i7 3.1ghz 950
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 Rev: 2 BIOS: FB
12GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence Ram
BFG 768MB 8800GTX
256GB Samsung 830 SSD
3TB HDD

Attached is also my config.plist just in case you need itView attachment config.plist

Thanks

is your boot volume actual name "OS X" or something else ?

My boot volume is called 'OS X'

Change Log to false.

Code:
<key>Log</key>
<false/>

Change Log to false.

Code:
<key>Log</key>
<false/>

Thanks BreBo but unfortunately that hasn't worked. I still get the "automatic boot in 10 seconds" at the clover screen.

Thanks BreBo but unfortunately that hasn't worked. I still get the "automatic boot in 10 seconds" at the clover screen.

Have you installed Clover to ESP?

Have you installed Clover to ESP?

Not sure what ESP is (sorry Hackintosh noob) but I installed clover using the legacy-root because I have an X58a-UD5 board.

When I go into my OS X folder, I have an EFI folder with Clover within that if that helps

Not sure what ESP is (sorry Hackintosh noob) but I installed clover using the legacy-root because I have an X58a-UD5 board.

When I go into my OS X folder, I have an EFI folder with Clover within that if that helps

That means you've installed Clover to the Main OS X Partition, Not the EFI Partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back