Motherboard
MSI P55-GD65
CPU
i7 860
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I did try to search for this but was not sure of the terminology.
How do i change the default option in the pic below.
It chooses "Internal" at boot, I would like to change it to "HFS"

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20171005_062947.jpg
    IMG_20171005_062947.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 724
I'd like to know too. I think the setting is a synthesis of NVRAM (that is, the setting saved by the shutdown hooks installed when you install clover to a drive, visible in Terminal using the 'nvram -p' command, efi-boot-device setting, which is set in the GUI by the Startup Disk System Preference), and the config.plist setting Boot -> Default Volume setting. However, on my 10.13 upgraded from 10.12, nothing I do to either of these settings will stop Clover from picking the High Sierra disk to startup from. I look in the boot log and I see it reads the efi-boot-device from nvram as the old USB 'install macOS High Sierra Beta' volume, it doesn't find that, and somehow lands on the High Sierra drive. I've tried removing the key from nvram, I've tried manually rebuilding nvram using the shutdown hook command after changing the startup disk, all to no avail. Maybe I'm stuck in some weird upgrade twilight where it's executing the old rc.shutdown hook and the new shutdown hook, or something. I don't know.

I've done something like this using Clover Configurator. You want to open up your clover.plist with it, head to the 'Boot' section and then in the top right corner you should see a field labelled "Default Boot Volume". Change this to HFS, save the plist and that should be good.

Apologies if that's not terribly clear, but hopefully it makes sense and works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back