Contribute
Register

Clover Boot Manager won't Autoboot without a timeout value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z87-HD3 & Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

For the past while I have been having an issue with my clover bootloader since a couple of updates back on clover configurator.

I have my config.plist boot variables set to boot my default boot volume (Named: Mac OS X)

When I set the boot timeout to 0, it does not skip the boot manager screen, but instead just stays on the screen until I manually choose my boot volume.

It does this also when I set LastBootedVolume and choose my boot volume.

The strange thing is, in both cases, if I set timeout to 1 second it will auto boot in 1 second, but I would like it to skip the bootloader screen altogether, as when I am showing off my Hackintosh to the uninitiated, they see the bootloader and assume I'm running some kind of virtual machine trickery!

What could be causing this? The configuration used to work just fine autobooting through the bootloader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Try this:

In Clover add under
Code:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
        <key>Fast</key>
        <true>
</dict>

and leave the timeout at 2

I think this should work if I am reading my Clover notes correctly.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I inserted the Fast key and it seems to have done the trick!

I firstly set the timeout to 2, but it still made the boot screen appear (but with a weird blue background o.0) and it timed out in 2 seconds as requested, so I then set the timeout back to 0 and sure enough it can now skip the bootloader screen!

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back