Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

As the title states. Vd-t and secure boot are disabled. All other UEFI settings are back to defaults.
I got Windows 8.1 and El Capitan on the same SSD.
When I boot the computer it goes straight to Windows 8.1 boot loader.
I installed Mac first as per the guide provided with all the post-installation steps.
I installed Windows second.
They both work wonderfully, BUT the only way to get into the El Capitan is to through the installation Unibeast USB.

I tried a lot of things, included editing the EFI partition on El Capitan and using the EFI folder from the Unibeast USB. I tried booting with Verbose mode through Clover Configurator. I tried to overwrite Clover with a new version 3292 (Instead of the 3270 one installed) but that Clover version never changed when I check it with Clover configurator.

I'm running out of ideas to be honest.

My specs:

Intel i5 4590.
Asrock Fatality H97 Killer.
8 GB DDR G.Skill ripjaws.
120GB Kingston SSD. + 5400 rpm Samsung 500GB 2.5"
Asus R9 290X Direct CU 2

Thanks in advance.

Go back and check all of your UEFI/BIOS settings. The Windows installer makes changes to suit itself.

Boot OS X, run terminal command diskutil list and post a pic of results.

Go back and check all of your UEFI/BIOS settings. The Windows installer makes changes to suit itself.

Boot OS X, run terminal command diskutil list and post a pic of results.

I did. In fact, after I installed Windows 8.1, I tried Chimera boot loader which didn't work either and I couldn't rewrite clover over it.
So I reinstalled El Capitan while having Windows 8.1 already installed (Since this time I already have a Mac ready partition, the old El Capitan partition).

I double checked the BIOS settings and the Clover configurator.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back