Contribute
Register

Clover boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot Jay, I followed everything as you said, installed the kext (intelmausiethernet) you have attached using kext beast. But still ethernet is not working.

@Reghuram,

As I said in Post #6, the version I attached was built for Mojave, I said it may work but if it does not you will have to build it yourself on the target version of MacOS using Xcode. All my systems are running Mojave so I can't build it for you.

Cheers
Jay

I Checked the website you told to visit, it's too complicated for my small brain, how exactly I should build it using xcode.

@Reghuram

Its pretty simple ..
  1. Download and install XCode from the App Store (its free)
  2. Download the Git Project Zip file and extract
  3. Open the Project file (*.xcodeproj)
  4. Click on build (select build for running first)
  5. Quit Xcode
  6. Install the built kext
There are plenty of guides on how to use XCode if you get stuck ..

In order to learn you have to do ...

If it still does not work after that then post on the official support thread, hopefully the developer will be able to help you out or resolve the issue if its with the kext itself.

Cheers
Jay

@Reghuram

Its pretty simple ..
  1. Download and install XCode from the App Store (its free)
  2. Download the Git Project Zip file and extract
  3. Open the Project file (*.xcodeproj)
  4. Click on build (select build for running first)
  5. Quit Xcode
  6. Install the built kext
There are plenty of guides on how to use XCode if you get stuck ..

In order to learn you have to do ...

Cheers
Jay
Thanks a lot Jay monkey I'll get back to you after I tried what you just said, thanks a lot and a very noob question.
Does xcode will be available outside the app store? That is on the internet. Coz last I heard and I checked it right now xcode is not available on the internet
The main reason I want this to work is internet. As I don't have an internet connection to my hackintosh how could I download it from the app store! As a matter of fact I don't own any other MacBook except a windows laptop. Sorry for asking too many questions.
Cheers :)

May be worth trying this instead.

Does xcode will be available outside the app store? That is on the internet. Coz last I heard and I checked it right now xcode is not available on the internet
The main reason I want this to work is internet. As I don't have an internet connection to my hackintosh how could I download it from the app store! As a matter of fact I don't own any other MacBook except a windows laptop.

@Reghuram,

The only other way of downloading Xcode (if you cant get it through the App store) is via Apples Developer site :-

But you need a registered Apple developers account to login (the free one will do just fine).

Maybe you should try the alternate Intel ethernet driver suggested by P1LGRIM in the post above, I haven't used that driver myself so cant really comment or offer any help on it but its worth a shot ....

Cheers
Jay

@Reghuram,

The only other way of downloading Xcode (if you cant get it through the App store) is via Apples Developer site :-

But you need a registered Apple developers account to login (the free one will do just fine).

Maybe you should try the alternate Intel ethernet driver suggested by P1LGRIM in the post above, I haven't used that driver myself so cant really comment or offer any help on it but its worth a shot ....

Cheers
Jay
hey jay, thank you so much for the reply, ill try this out and will get back to you.
thank you so much.

@jaymonkey
Hi, jay I have tried everything to install the network driver, I cannot able to install it. I tried building it in Xcode for my sierra, but still, I cannot make it work. I checked it on system report it still says that no ethernet card is not installed

Hi, jay I have tried everything to install the network driver, I cannot able to install it. I tried building it in Xcode for my sierra, but still, I cannot make it work. I checked it on system report it still says that no ethernet card is not installed

@Reghuram,

Thats very odd, I've used that kext on many different systems and it worked fine.

Did you try this kext :-

As suggested by P1LGRIM in post #16.

Does the Ethernet NIC work in Windows or Linux ?

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back