Gigabyte Z90 M
CPU
i5-9400f
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
@Reghuram,

Since i have only ever used/use Sapphire cards i can't really recommend a different OEM card that will work 100% without any issues as it would not be fair on you or myself if something did not work.

However I have read many success stories with MSI branded AMD cards although I don't know which exact models.

Generally speaking the more budget friendly cards will be closer to the reference designs rather than the Gaming and OverClocked models which tend to have extra's ports, more advanced cooling solutions and customised VBIOS's which can cause (but not always) issues.

Most AMD GPU's simply need Lilu + WhatEverGreen installed in /L/E to work.

You have to do your research and base your purchase decision on the experience that others users have written about.

If in doubt, don't be afraid to ask questions on the appropriate build thread, most users are happy to share their knowledge and experience with others.

Cheers
Jay
hi jay monkey can you help me out with this

My build
mobo - gigabyte z370 M (Not Gaming)
i5 9400f (Discrete graphics card is a must)
sapphire RX 560

ok now the problem is I made USB bootable using unibeast I selected UEFI mode, selcted ATI inject, selected sierra and completed copying the files, which made the USB bootable.
I booted the USB, selected the right disk and I got the clover bootloader screen, i slected external in the boot menu and i got the apple logo.
Few seconds after a prohibitory symbol appeared, I pressed escape and selecting verberos now.
Then I got a screen showing

OsxAptioFix2Drv: starting overrides for /System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Error allocating 0x12623 pages at 0x000000001d8c6000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

i searched the forum and they asked me to change from OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv
some said to try OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
im confused please help out a noob here

also i tried downloading OsxAptioFixDrv from github through chrome it says its a harmfull fiel why is it so?

@Reghuram,

I believe that OsxAptioFix2Drv has been superseded by OsxAptioFix3Drv as it no longer packaged with the Clover installer.
There have been some fairly major changes in Clover recently which means it no longer supports older efi drivers so you should not mix and match.

Try downloading the latest Clover installer (currently r5018) and do a fresh install on to a clean usb, be sure to select all of the efi drivers you need in the installer as clover r5000+ has a new folder structure for the drivers.

See this post for more info on the folder changes ...

Cheers
Jay

@Reghuram,

I believe that OsxAptioFix2Drv has been superseded by OsxAptioFix3Drv as it no longer packaged with the Clover installer.
There have been some fairly major changes in Clover recently which means it no longer supports older efi drivers so you should not mix and match.

Try downloading the latest Clover installer (currently r5018) and do a fresh install on to a clean usb, be sure to select all of the efi drivers you need in the installer as clover r5000+ has a new folder structure for the drivers.

See this post for more info on the folder changes ...

Cheers
Jay
so you are saying not to use unibeast to
copy the files? im not getiing you what you said,
im a noob
soryy

so you are saying not to use unibeast to copy the files? im not getiing you what you said"

@Reghuram,

I've personally have never used Multibeast so cant really comment specifically on it.
I always use the latest versions of everything downloaded directly from the developers.

You can download the latest version of Clover installer directly from :-

You can stay up to date on the development of Clover through this thread :-

Details of the most current version will always be in the last post, not all revisions listed are released as a public installer.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@Reghuram,

I've personally have never used Multibeast so cant really comment specifically on it.
I always use the latest versions of everything downloaded directly from the developers.

You can download the latest version of Clover installer directly from :-

You can stay up to date on the development of Clover through this thread :-

Details of the most current version will always be in the last post, not all revisions listed are released as a public installer.

Cheers
Jay
hi jay monkey can you help me out with this

My build
mobo - gigabyte z370 M (Not Gaming)
i5 9400f (Discrete graphics card is a must)
sapphire RX 560

I finally installed Sierra on my PC, the build is mentioned above.
Everything is working except ethernet, I tried installing realtek and Intel drivers from multibeast but nothing seems to be working.
Is my mobo too advanced for an ethernet driver?
Cheers!

@Reghuram,

Spec for Ggigabyte Z390 M (Not Gaming) :-

Shows that it uses Intel Gigabit Ethernet, so you should use the IntelMausiEthernet kext

Projects GIT Repo :-

Latest public binary build is V2.5.0d14 attached below ...

However it was built for Mojave .... it may work as is on Sierra, if not you will have to download the project from the GIT Repo and build on Sierra yourself using Xcode.

You should remove any existing ethernet drivers that you have already installed, and install the IntelMausiEthernet kext in to /L/E .. see kext install guide if your unsure :-

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet-V2.5.0d14.kext.zip
    74.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Thanks a lot Jay I'll see to it if it's working or not. Just a question I'll have to copy this and paste it in HDD--->Library--->extensions

@Reghuram,

Spec for Ggigabyte z370 M (Not Gaming) :-

Shows that it uses Intel Gigabit Ethernet, so you should use the IntelMausiEthernet kext

However it was built for Mojave .... it may work as is on Sierra, if not you will have to download the project from the GIT Repo and build on Sierra yourself using Xcode.

You should remove any existing ethernet drivers that you have already installed, and install the IntelMausiEthernet kext in to /L/E .. see kext install guide if your unsure :-

Cheers
Jay
@Reghuram,

Spec for Ggigabyte z370 M (Not Gaming) :-

Cheers
Jay
Hey Jay I'm extremely sorry for my mistake my board is Z390M I mentioned it wrongly as Z370M. It's my mistake.

Is there ethernet drivers for Z390M?
Pls help me out!

Hey Jay I'm extremely sorry for my mistake my board is Z390M I mentioned it wrongly as Z370M. It's my mistake.

@Reghuram,

I already realised that ... the specs and links i posted where for the Z390 M ...

Just a question I'll have to copy this and paste it in HDD--->Library--->extensions

No, you must Install kexts in /L/E, you can not just simply use finder, use the guide i gave you the link to in Post #6.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@Reghuram,

I already realised that ... the specs and links i posted where for the Z390 M ...

Cheers
Jay
Thanks a lot Jay, I followed everything as you said, installed the kext (intelmausiethernet) you have attached using kext beast. But still ethernet is not working.
Help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back