GT 740 SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all

ive truely made a mess off my install. I did the upgrade and all worked fine except network connection kept dropping so stupid me went into the refi and removed the FakeSMC.kext and apfs.efi. for some reason I thought it could of caused a conflict but upon reboot clover now does not see my drives or boot for Sierra and I'm locked at the clover screen. I can't even think of a way to create an emergency boot usb on my MacBook without creating a hole new installations usb though Sierra is no longer available on the App Store.

please please please help me

You have a working macOS on your MacBook? So insert any USB stick and format it according to the guide. You don't need to install a macOS installer.

Download and install clover to the USB stick. that's also in the guide.

This process should lead to a usb stick that doesn't have an installer on it, but is clover-bootable because it has clover in the EFI partition of the usb stick. You will need to manually copy apfs.efi on there. You can pull it out of the High Sierra installer if you download the installer on your MacBook. Folks have uploaded versions of it to various forums but I'm not sure the latest version (as of public beta 8 or so, which was the last time it was revised) is clearly marked and you want the latest version.

Boot your hackintosh and hit F12, select the USB stick. Clover should load and see your drives. Select your high Sierra drive to boot. Hopefully it will boot. Alternatively, you may be able to boot clover from the usb and select recovery partition or try to boot in safe mode (-x). Hopefully one of those will work to get you to the desktop and you can fix your hackintosh.

firstly thank you so much for helping me.
I have tried to install clover to the usb but it says it can only be installed to a usb with an installation on

I just installed clover 4220 to an otherwise blank USB and it installed fine. Follow the guide to reformat the USB so it is GUID with a single partition (and by nature of format it will also have the hidden EFI partition).

Install clover, change the installation path to the USB stick, tick the box for EFI booting, follow the guide for anything else to tick during clover install to USB, it should work fine. If not post a screenshot of where you see an error.

ok fab I've got it on usb etc, just the mackintosh when I select the usb drive comes up can't find an os. its as if the usb is not bootable

I have also ticked the box it just don't seem to boot from it. :( again thanks for your help here

hi yes, I downloaded the one from the guide on this site. when I boot from my usb (tried a few usb pens) it just pops up missing operating system. it doesn't load clover.

If you installed clover to the usb stick in EFI mode (vs legacy mode) your bios must boot the usb stick efi. Insert the stick (use a USB2 port on the upper back of the machine). Turn on the machine and hit F12 or whatever selects a boot drive. Do you see one version of your usb stick or two? You may be selecting legacy boot of the usb stick vs EFI boot of the usb stick, or something in your bios may be preventing booting your USB stick in efi mode.

hi again, I've just tried another usb by a different brand its still the same :( when I hit f12 some drives show refi except my usb its so strange lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back