Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

My 4530s works fine. But my wife's will not autoboot. I have tried to set the config.plist up properly in the Clover Configurator, keeping all of the default settings from the installer with just the theme assigned to bluemac and the gui size to 1360x768.

The problem started, I think, when I selected fast on the Boot window of the configurator a few weeks ago. This results in no theme, with the just the OSX and Backup discs shown, and not countdown. So, I ditched that and went back to timeout settings.

I managed to get a setting to work finally, making sure to mount the EFI, select the config.plist, and edit it accordingly.

But after the update to 10.9.5, the sound did not work. So I used Clover Installer to fix that. It fixed it. But I can't get the timeout to work.

I can't seem to find anything wrong in the boot log yet. But I can post that later.

Right now, I am just trying to find out if the problem shows up for others.

Thanks in advance,

FW

Greetings,

My 4530s works fine. But my wife's will not autoboot. I have tried to set the config.plist up properly in the Clover Configurator, keeping all of the default settings from the installer with just the theme assigned to bluemac and the gui size to 1360x768.

The problem started, I think, when I selected fast on the Boot window of the configurator a few weeks ago. This results in no theme, with the just the OSX and Backup discs shown, and not countdown. So, I ditched that and went back to timeout settings.

I managed to get a setting to work finally, making sure to mount the EFI, select the config.plist, and edit it accordingly.

But after the update to 10.9.5, the sound did not work. So I used Clover Installer to fix that. It fixed it. But I can't get the timeout to work.

I can't seem to find anything wrong in the boot log yet. But I can post that later.

Right now, I am just trying to find out if the problem shows up for others.

Thanks in advance,

FW

There has been a lot of churn in that area of Clover lately. You may need to set a boot partition in SysPrefs->Startup Disk. I haven't really looked into it deeply (waiting for the code churn to calm down).

There has been a lot of churn in that area of Clover lately. You may need to set a boot partition in SysPrefs->Startup Disk. I haven't really looked into it deeply (waiting for the code churn to calm down).

I believe the one trick that worked was going back an iteration or two on the Clover booter itself for this particular machine. (It is not identical to the one that is working.)

If it works again, I will report.

Set DefaultVolume in config.plist to the name of your Mac drive.

Or set Boot/DefaultVolume = 'LastBootedVolume' to get what was the original behavior (I think).

I tried this once and then downloaded the latest Clover configurator, deleted the entire contents of the EFI file, and started over.

At first nothing changed.

But I added the volume OSX and that restored the 5 sec. countdown.

Thanks!!!! :)

Or set Boot/DefaultVolume = 'LastBootedVolume' to get what was the original behavior (I think).

After installing all new files in EFI and adding the drive volume OSX (which did not work last week), I was able to get the countdown and autoboot.

Thanks for your concern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back