Contribute
Register

(Clover) ASUS Zenbook UX430UQ succefully able to boot into OS X (language screen) but PS2 Keyboard and ELAN1200 Touchpad not functional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS UX430U (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
GTX 940MX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, good night readers,

I have attempted to build/put together a hackintosh and so far I am able to boot into the OS X Installer menu (language selection), yet can't continue from there as 1) the notebooks PS/2 keyboard & 2) the I2C Precision Touchpad (ELAN1200) are not working / don't respond/react at all.

External mouse via USB work but to be honest, I would wish to fix the keyboard and touchpad issue first before I do anything else. I remember a while ago to have fixed this issue on an older version of OS X but that was a long time ago and I forgot nearly everything.

According to Windows device manager the devices have the following bios names/identifiers:
  • HID Touchpad / I2C Touchpad ELAN1200:
\_SB.PCI0.I2C1.ETPD​
  • Extended PC/AT-PS/2-KEyboard(101/102 Keys):
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K​
The APIC values would be "ETPD" and "PS2K" correct?

In the Attachment area I have inserted a screenshot of all kexts. I also applied the windows patch (SSDT-XOSI) and SSDT_GPI0 patch according to dortania's github guide. Attempted without VoodooPS2Mouse/Trackpad Plugins/folders due to suspicion of conflict with VoodooI2C&sat. Kexts but that didn't make a difference.

If something else is needed (like origin or patched folders), don't hesitate to reply.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hello, good night readers,

I have attempted to build/put together a hackintosh and so far I am able to boot into the OS X Installer menu (language selection), yet can't continue from there as 1) the notebooks PS/2 keyboard & 2) the I2C Precision Touchpad (ELAN1200) are not working / don't respond/react at all.

External mouse via USB work but to be honest, I would wish to fix the keyboard and touchpad issue first before I do anything else. I remember a while ago to have fixed this issue on an older version of OS X but that was a long time ago and I forgot nearly everything.

According to Windows device manager the devices have the following bios names/identifiers:
  • HID Touchpad / I2C Touchpad ELAN1200:
\_SB.PCI0.I2C1.ETPD​
  • Extended PC/AT-PS/2-KEyboard(101/102 Keys):
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K​
The APIC values would be "ETPD" and "PS2K" correct?

In the Attachment area I have inserted a screenshot of all kexts. I also applied the windows patch (SSDT-XOSI) and SSDT_GPI0 patch according to dortania's github guide. Attempted without VoodooPS2Mouse/Trackpad Plugins/folders due to suspicion of conflict with VoodooI2C&sat. Kexts but that didn't make a difference.

If something else is needed (like origin or patched folders), don't hesitate to reply.
while installing, use a usb mouse and make sure VoodooPS2Controller.kext is in your kexts folder for the keyboard to work

you can then sort out the trackpad and battery when you have installed macOS

while installing, use a usb mouse and make sure VoodooPS2Controller.kext is in your kexts folder for the keyboard to work

you can then sort out the trackpad and battery when you have installed macOS
Okay, you're right, maybe I was a little too easy on that.
I have VoodooPS2Controller+plugins installed, yet the keyboard doesn't react. Only the power key lights up/ reacts when I hold it for n-seconds, though it's very likely that the key is seperate from the keyboard itself otherwise you'd never be able to power it off ;-)

Will report back once done.

Okay, you're right, maybe I was a little too easy on that.
I have VoodooPS2Controller+plugins installed, yet the keyboard doesn't react. Only the power key lights up/ reacts when I hold it for n-seconds, though it's very likely that the key is seperate from the keyboard itself otherwise you'd never be able to power it off ;-)

Will report back once done.
zip and upload your clover folder

zip and upload your clover folder
Sorry for the late reply.

Explanation & Future readers pay attention (notes at the bottom):
i ditched Clover completely and went for OpenCore&followed the guide on github/gitbooks from Dortania which was the best decision.

The guide was very, very detailed/understandable and thorough. If you are a beginner, it's a must-read, regardless of the state of your knowledge.
Thanks Dortania!

It took 6-8ish hrs but finally almost everything works even without post-install fixes!
Touchpad works but tapping and in general it acts a bit odd when clicking once. It's better than no mouse. Note: dont worry if it doesnt work out of the box, I had to test around/unplug eth adapter & after (beginning) a few restarts it naturally worked. Though post-fixes are needed anyway so.

Mic & Audio/even 3.5mm work. 3.5mm sounded odd one time but I dont use it, still amazing support that they work.

Function keys and battery, backlight etc.. Dont work out of the box, those need post-install fixes anyway.

Wifi on the 8260 dualband works due to itIwm kext (yes, you can cancel that broadcom wifi card order) although it disconnects once every 20mins - 1h which is fine when browsing since you won't ever notice and it reconnects auto after a few seconds.

Notes:

• Use Opencore&Guide its better all around, dont bother with clover unless you know what you are doing/are not a novice/intermediate. Opencore is awesome.

• If you boot with the bootable stick and dont see install macos as seen in the guide, dont worry, select your harddrive or usb-stick (had the same name so I dont know if I clicked on stick or ssd but you get the idea, dont focus on "Install MacOS" string)

• Dont rush it and when installing dont force power off because nothing happens after 10mins. My install showed 3 similar errors/lines for 20mins before it continued, just be patient.

• Use Eth (if rj45 port is not present, use a usb rj45/ethernet adapter from ebay for a couple of dollars/euros) for online(recovery/base) install. If you try the kext it will fail at 3mins due to disconnect.

• As noted above, use Ethernet, wifi will probably not work when installing (due to disconnect, though try it) and only when you are done, install the itIwm intel wifi kext!

• (installer note) If your I2C Mouse wont move/work and you have only 2 usb ports (1x Usb installer, 1x Eth adapter) therefore not enough ports for a wired mouse, use the keyboard (mine was ps/2 so voodooPs2 did the trick prob.) to navigate around. Use arrow keys to move, the tab key to jump around and Space key to confirm. Windows (or FN) + F2 will allow you to access the top stuff/buttons (tab doesnt jump there).

• When you have to select the volume, you cant procced because tab wont work. What worked for me: unplug the eth adapter, use a wired mouse to click on my APFS formatted volume, click on back (yes, dont worry your selection is saved, also I went all the way back to the license), unplug mouse, plug eth adapter in, wait for some time (I waited 2mins, 10s is prob. enough for the system to use eth)., use tab and space to get back to the volume installer selection and now it should have your volume selected and you can tab & space to continue without a mouse/touchpad.

• Dont worry if, when editing kext&stuff that reboot takes longer. Its normal and you'll see rebuilding kernel stuff.

• Keep it simple.
  • Make backups before you edit stuff post-install! Make backups of the backups of the backups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back