GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looking for some help...

Been trying to setup Clover on a new drive for a while unsuccessfully

I have a 1TB HDD running Yosemite via Chimera now, its operational but no bluetooth and no iMessage/Facetime. I picked up a Toshiba 2TB HDD to install Yosemite via Clover but cant get it to boot.

I go through Tony's install on this site, everything goes fine. (I do have to use the boot arg nv_diable=1 to get it installed but not needed once I am booting to the HDD).

I formatted my EFI drive in FAT32, copied over my config.plist and kexkts from the USB/EFI folder to my system EFI/Clover file, and reboot.

When I get to my mobo splash screen, there is a UEFI drive named "Mac OS X" listed. This is a new option and wasn't there previously. My HDD is named Yosemite and my old HDD is named Macintosh HDD2. At no point did I (intentionally?) create/rename any drive named Mac OS x. I assume this is the new UEFI boot drive for Clover. It is the only UEFI option.

When I attempt to boot to this drive, a screen flashes for a split second that says something like "boot 1/ boot 5" then disappears and goes to the Chimera bootloader. It looks similar to the screen that came up before the Clover bootloader during install. If I choose the Toshiba drive specifically, it does the same thing. The BIOS has "Mac OS X" set to default boot device and default ROM set to EFI.

I can use my USB to get to the Clover bootloader and boot to my HDD however the graphics are limited.

My config.plist is attached.
View attachment config.plist

What am I missing? How do I boot to the Clover bootloader?

System specs:

ASUS P8Z68V
dual GTX 560Ti
1TB HDD (Chimera)
2TB HDD (Clover)

Let me make sure I am following the problem. You
1. created a Clover USB installer
2. You used the installer on your 2TB HDD to install OS X
3. You ran the Clover pkg to install Clover to your HDD
3. You copied the files from the EFI\Clover folders on the USB installer to the HDD EFI partition EFI\Clover folders
4. It will boot with the USB but not with the HDD

Is this a fair and complete statement of the problem?

BTW, it is better to install your Kext files to S/L/E than have them in Clover EFI.

Yes, that is a correct summation.

Should I move the kexts to S/L/E or copy/paste and have them in both places?

Here is my install log as well if it helps.

View attachment 125316

Use a kext installer such as KextBeast or Kext Wizard to install kext files - just copying them to S/L/E does not work well.
You only need them in one place. Once they are in S/L/E, delete them from the Clover EFI.

Have you updated your BIOS to a version that supports UEFI booting? Earlier BIOS for the 6 series boards did not support UEFI very well. Make sure the CSM support allows both UEFI and Legacy booting.

I'm trying to install clover on my P8Z68V-PRO too and I couldn't get the system to boot up from USB with clover. Have you successfully use clover after the post clintster?

Hi,

I just discovered this thread, and just incase you havent solved your issue, i managed to work out how to do it on your board a wee while ago...

Some motherboards don't automatically recognise Clover as a UEFI bootable volume, with most of these motherboards it can be added in the firmware settings screen - See Section 5) of Lejenk's post here

However, some motherboards (the p8z68-V PRO included) don't even feature this option. For those motherboards, you must download dmazar's modified shell2, and then follow knadder's instructionshere.

It was a nightmare, but finally i have (UEFI) Clover as a bootable option in the boot menu, and OS X is correctly listed :).

Hope this helps
Dave

Hi DaveLloyd,

Can you validate the link for kneader's instructions. Does not come up.

Thanks!

Hi,

I just discovered this thread, and just incase you havent solved your issue, i managed to work out how to do it on your board a wee while ago...

Some motherboards don't automatically recognise Clover as a UEFI bootable volume, with most of these motherboards it can be added in the firmware settings screen - See Section 5) of Lejenk's post here

However, some motherboards (the p8z68-V PRO included) don't even feature this option. For those motherboards, you must download dmazar's modified shell2, and then follow knadder's instructionshere.

It was a nightmare, but finally i have (UEFI) Clover as a bootable option in the boot menu, and OS X is correctly listed :).

Hope this helps
Dave

Hello Dave,

Do you have or remember by any chance Knadder's instructions? I'm still on this motherboard and unable to use clover UEFI, your post seems to address exactly this but the link to bladder's instructions is dead. Could you please kindly help?

Please, help! I have the same problem. a bladder instruction is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back