Graphics
Gigabyte AMD HD6850 1024Mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been away for a while, and see that Clover is part of the El Capitan installer, and requires a UEFI configuration. My Windows 10 install uses a BIOS boot, but I have Grub2 installed on the Windows HD, and right now, Chimera on the OS X HD. Grub2 can now boot Windows, Linux, and OS X Mavericks, the latter by first pointing to the Chimera bootloader. If I install El Capitan (and Clover) on my OS X HD, will my Grub2 (residing on a separate physical HD) still be able to chainload to my OS X bootloader (Clover) as it now does w Chimera? Chimera doesn't, OTOH, point to Grub2, but just presents Windows as a bootable drive. I think I understand that Clover won't do that since my Windows install is not UEFI...but, as long as Grub2 can get me to Clover, I think I should be OK. Does that seem likely? Thanks.

Haven't even started on this. Not sure when or if I will. Too many "real life" things to attend to for the foreseeable future...I may eventually just do a clean install of Windows 10 using the UEFI which should let me proceed with the Clover-based OS X install. You have to love complexity and ever-emerging, never resolving technical challenges to keep at this. I suppose I do, since I'm still in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back