Graphics
EVGA GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone. Yesterday I tried using both bootloaders (chimera for legacy bios and clover for UEFI) and love to have both. Obviously what i want i is to boot on uefi mode but i want to have both just in case. So here's my question.

When installing yosemite with clover. It installs the os x and a recovery partition. Does chimera also installs a recovery partition too? Is there a benefit of having a recovery partition on a hackintosh?? And last, which way is better, installing osx with clover first and then add chimera and drivers with multibeast and clover in uefi or installing os with unibeast and then install clover in uefi??

Btw, a little info for those with asus z87 mobo, after installing yosemite with unibeast, the drive is bootable without doing the EFI partition trick.

Let me know what you guys think.

Hi everyone. Yesterday I tried using both bootloaders (chimera for legacy bios and clover for UEFI) and love to have both. Obviously what i want i is to boot on uefi mode but i want to have both just in case. So here's my question.

When installing yosemite with clover. It installs the os x and a recovery partition. Does chimera also installs a recovery partition too? Is there a benefit of having a recovery partition on a hackintosh?? And last, which way is better, installing osx with clover first and then add chimera and drivers with multibeast and clover in uefi or installing os with unibeast and then install clover in uefi??

Btw, a little info for those with asus z87 mobo, after installing yosemite with unibeast, the drive is bootable without doing the EFI partition trick.

Let me know what you guys think.

My opinion on this is that you should use only 1 boot loader, Clover, for your legacy BIOS and UEFI, as Clover has support for both legacy BIOS and UEFI.

As far as I'm aware Clover is the only one that installs an OS X Recovery Partition. The only benefit of having a Recovery Partition is for if you screw up your hack, you can boot into the recovery partition and get to disk utility and terminal and useful things like that.

I think you should just install Clover and use 1 boot loader instead of getting into the mess of using two boot loaders...

My opinion on this is that you should use only 1 boot loader, Clover, for your legacy BIOS and UEFI, as Clover has support for both legacy BIOS and UEFI.

As far as I'm aware Clover is the only one that installs an OS X Recovery Partition. The only benefit of having a Recovery Partition is for if you screw up your hack, you can boot into the recovery partition and get to disk utility and terminal and useful things like that.

I think you should just install Clover and use 1 boot loader instead of getting into the mess of using two boot loaders...

The thing is, I use a spare drive to install yosemite and experiment a little before actually upgrading my main drive. First I installed osx with unibeast and got everything working right (Multibeast of course). Then I booted UEFI clover bootloader from a USB and I had the choice to select a recovery partition (Didn't try it though). Also, I could boot from the already installed osx drive and everything was working great without having to change anything. I tried doing the same thing all the way around (Clover install, boot from unibeast usb) and I had the same results. That's why I asked.

Thanks for your opinion. Clover can be a bit overwhelming and I already know that Chimera works great for my system. I just feel a bit curious about using clover to archive Uefi bootloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back