Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
After running quite flawlessly for several years my (currently Catalina) boot drive went off into outer space last week. I have no idea what happened but I restored from TM to a brand new SSD. I tried to install Clover from Multibeast but it fails with a "cannot bless" problem so I gave up on that and just downloaded a newer Clover and installed it from there. That comes up fine now except the screen appears to be in 1080x720 mode or something huge like that. In config.plist I do have the resolution set to 2560x1440 but on boot, it just sails past that line apparently. It used to "half-boot" and then the screen would flash and pop into the higher res mode. It doesn't not flash any more.

Any clues from a Clover maven out there? Better yet, if someone has a working config.plist for Catalina they could send me that might just be the ticket.

Thanks!

After running quite flawlessly for several years my (currently Catalina) boot drive went off into outer space last week. I have no idea what happened but I restored from TM to a brand new SSD. I tried to install Clover from Multibeast but it fails with a "cannot bless" problem so I gave up on that and just downloaded a newer Clover and installed it from there. That comes up fine now except the screen appears to be in 1080x720 mode or something huge like that. In config.plist I do have the resolution set to 2560x1440 but on boot, it just sails past that line apparently. It used to "half-boot" and then the screen would flash and pop into the higher res mode. It doesn't not flash any more.

Any clues from a Clover maven out there? Better yet, if someone has a working config.plist for Catalina they could send me that might just be the ticket.

Thanks!
zip and upload your EFI so someone can take a look

I fixed this. it occurred to me that the disk that died was running Clover 4769 very reliably. I dug around on the net and tried a 4769 I found but it didn't work. Then I realized that Clover cleverly keeps backups of the EFI, a brilliant move. I found the 4769 backup I needed and dropped it on the new drive, and presto! Everything back to totally normal. I have numerous backups of all of this already of course. What a waste of a week. Thanks for your help.

Back