Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H170-HD3
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1050
Hi all! I have installed Mac OS X, and during installation I chose to make a partition for Windows.
My Pc have a old motherboard, it doesn't support UEFI, just bios.

My installation with Mac is done correctly: I've installed Clover in Legacy Mode and everything works.
But now I have installed Windows, and clover doesn't show up anymore - it start Windows automatically.

I've read a lot of guides for the correct installation of Windows, but I'm very confused.
I can still run Clover Legacy from USB with Mac setup.

How can I install Windows, the correct way, with a Clover working at boot ? Thank you!

Hi all! I have installed Mac OS X, and during installation I chose to make a partition for Windows.
My Pc have a old motherboard, it doesn't support UEFI, just bios.

My installation with Mac is done correctly: I've installed Clover in Legacy Mode and everything works.
But now I have installed Windows, and clover doesn't show up anymore - it start Windows automatically.

I've read a lot of guides for the correct installation of Windows, but I'm very confused.
I can still run Clover Legacy from USB with Mac setup.

How can I install Windows, the correct way, with a Clover working at boot ? Thank you!
You do not mention whether same drive or separate.

Assuming same drive, you failed to do the last step in the process. When you install Windows after installing OS X, Windows overwrites the boot sector. You must boot with OS X boot loader to OS X and re-install Chameleon/Chimera or Clover to the drive.

Assuming separate drives, you need to reboot to BIOS/UEFI and make the OS X drive first in Hard Drive BBS boot order.

Yeah, my settings is one drive only. Sorry, I've forgotten to mention it.
I've reinstalled Clover with 'Install boot0ss on MBR' an now it works perfectly, Windows and Mac runs without problems :thumbup:

Thank you, I think my problem is much harder when I've read other tutorials online :lol:

I'll jump in here as I have the same problem and didn't want to start another thread.

I installed Windows after El capitan and clover, and now clover is overwritten too.
Thought I could fix it by installing clover legacy root again (from the el capitan post installation tools) but it didn't solve it (as I have a non UEFI motherboard too I had to use this special legacy root to get it up and running).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back