MSI GTX 760 TF OC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I installed Mavericks this week and then I used Multibeast 6.2.1.
However I quickly found that my keyboard (Cherry MX-Board 3, DE) was wrongly recognized.
Moreover, the identification OS X offers worked only the first time, afterwards it lost the setting with little options to set it again.
More specifically, the keyboard was recognized as:
- ANSI, but it is an ISO keyboard
- compact tenkeyless, but it is a full extended one
- (as consequence) the key below Esc and the key on the right of the L-Shift were swapped

I tried Ukelele to remap keys, but it didn't work due to the wrong keyboard type.

I installed VoodooPS2 kext https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller and everything worked perfectly fine.
I then noticed the kexts provided by MultiBeast 6.2.1 (ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub) are very very old, dated back from 2011.

I suggest offering the newer kext from VoodooPS2 instead. I lost about two evenings trying to figure the issue.
The newer kext also supports many more keyboards.

Thank you.
I would like to point out that I checked the Extensions and VoodooPS2 was not loaded, so I removed it and my keyboard still works fine.
Apparently the issue was caused by the two extensions I deleted while installing VoodooPS2, namely AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back