Contribute
Register

Cloning External Snow Leopard to Internal HDD... Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare (F9H BIOS)
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My friend and I are trying to clone his bootable external of 10.6.8 to my internal HDD hackintosh (which has 10.6.8 already installed & boots normally) in order to move his apps over. His external though is a clone from an actual Macbook Pro, which completely takes away any form of hackintosh boot ooptions.

We've tried booting into his external by way of my iboot disc, and also by installing multibeast on the original cloned drive, which proved to fail when we got boot: done boot: /boot. Safe mode and other boot flags that work for my system do nothing. And we tried cloning from within, which got us nowhere and effectively rendered our ethernet worthless. Ethernet was working fine until that, and I've already tried different kexts from multibeast, so if there's a way to get that to work again, please let me know how. Thanks for the help!

My friend and I are trying to clone his bootable external of 10.6.8 to my internal HDD hackintosh (which has 10.6.8 already installed & boots normally) in order to move his apps over. His external though is a clone from an actual Macbook Pro, which completely takes away any form of hackintosh boot ooptions.

We've tried booting into his external by way of my iboot disc, and also by installing multibeast on the original cloned drive, which proved to fail when we got boot: done boot: /boot. Safe mode and other boot flags that work for my system do nothing. And we tried cloning from within, which got us nowhere and effectively rendered our ethernet worthless. Ethernet was working fine until that, and I've already tried different kexts from multibeast, so if there's a way to get that to work again, please let me know how. Thanks for the help!

Connect the external clone to your PC Mac. Run MultiBeast and make selections same as for your HDD and point the install at the cloned drive. Boot up and select the USB connected clone as boot device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back