Contribute
Register

Cloning an install on a smaller Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
-edit- I had hoped to move to Mojave, but I won’t until NVidia GFX cards are supported :)

You will be waiting a LOOOONGG time, with the rest of us. It took nVidia over a year to support the 1080's on High Sierra.

I had fast boot enabled, so wasn’t able to see the clover boot selector.

I set it to normal mode, but still no High Sierra install option.

Then it occurred to me that I had a very old version of Clover installed. I updateded it and sure enough, I get the install boot option... but now none of the options boot at all :(

-edit- my guess is that my old clover config wasn’t compatible with the new clover... I’ll have to reimage the drive, do a clover update... try and get it working somehow... then update the OS

-edit2- I attempted to just do a fresh install of High Sierra, but for some reason that isn’t working either... doing a fresh install of Mojave worked, but the gfx cards aren’t supported... I might just stick with Sierra :lol:

Last edited:
So I've been trying to get High Sierra upgrade to install... The option for it appears in the clover boot menu, but it still just hangs at the Apple logo... Left it over night to see what that would do... Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back