Graphics
AMD Radeo 6000 series
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have Mavericks 10.9.1 running on an Intel 40 gig SSD, unfortunately it is running out of space and slowing down a great deal I can't afford a bigger SSD so I bought a Seagate 1 TB drive and using Carbon Copy Cloner, cloned the intel drive. But the new Seagate won't boot on it's own. it will boot if I let the original install on the Intel SSD boot and then switch to the Seagate. I've tried reinstalling the boot loader with Multibeast for Mavericks with no luck. Is the issue the fact that one was an SSD and the other is a regular HD? I've partitioned the Seagate as GUID first as that's the Intel's boot, then I repartitioned as MBR in each case I get boot0 error.

I have Mavericks 10.9.1 running on an Intel 40 gig SSD, unfortunately it is running out of space and slowing down a great deal I can't afford a bigger SSD so I bought a Seagate 1 TB drive and using Carbon Copy Cloner, cloned the intel drive. But the new Seagate won't boot on it's own. it will boot if I let the original install on the Intel SSD boot and then switch to the Seagate. I've tried reinstalling the boot loader with Multibeast for Mavericks with no luck. Is the issue the fact that one was an SSD and the other is a regular HD? I've partitioned the Seagate as GUID first as that's the Intel's boot, then I repartitioned as MBR in each case I get boot0 error.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back