1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,
So my 120G SSD wasn't big enough, so I purchased a 240 Corsair Force 3.
I cloned using Carbon Copy Cloner.
The problem is if I remove the 120G drive I get to the boot screen "Loading Operating System" and then it just hangs.
If i reconnect the 120g. wait for the Chimera Boot screen and press a key I get my choice of HD's to boot from. If I select the 240 from there it works just fine.

Any Ideas on how to get my 240 to work without going through the 120 process?

LBC

limabeancarson said:
Hi Guys,
So my 120G SSD wasn't big enough, so I purchased a 240 Corsair Force 3.
I cloned using Carbon Copy Cloner.
The problem is if I remove the 120G drive I get to the boot screen "Loading Operating System" and then it just hangs.
If i reconnect the 120g. wait for the Chimera Boot screen and press a key I get my choice of HD's to boot from. If I select the 240 from there it works just fine.

LBC

You can use rBoot if running Snow Leopard from the downloads section which is like a rescue disk to boot that hard drive which you will probably then have to reinstall Chimera.

If running Lion you can use UniBeast to boot that hard drive.

limabeancarson said:

With both SSDs connected you can boot the 240 with the 120's bootloader. You could now install chimera to your 240 with MultiBeast (just choose chimera with the 240 as destination, nothing else) or the chimera stand alone installer (same proc.).
Make shure to have the 240 as first in BIOS boot sequence afterwards and you should be ok.

Say Heading said:
limabeancarson said:

With both SSDs connected you can boot the 240 with the 120's bootloader. You could now install chimera to your 240 with MultiBeast (just choose chimera with the 240 as destination, nothing else) or the chimera stand alone installer (same proc.).
Make shure to have the 240 as first in BIOS boot sequence afterwards and you should be ok.
I tried using multi beast and I get and installation error.

limabeancarson said:
I tried using multi beast and I get and installation error.
Download and install the stand alone chimera installer. Worked for me moving from my 60 SSD to 120 SSD. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back