Contribute
Register

Cloned BackUP HD will NOT boot please HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no config file here
just
1.DSDT.aml
2.Extensions (folder)
3.or.chameleoan.boot.plist
4.smbios.plist
5.themes (folder)
org.chameleon.boot.plist IS the config file.

Nice...so what exactly should change or add
any ideas?
019357B3-A7AD-47F6-B53A-5B1894BBA409(1).jpeg

Most of the civilised world has moved on from the stone age and use the Clover boot loader now.
You must have used a guide when you originally built the computer, use it again.
Use Chameleon Wizard to edit the file - Not a Text editor as it can damage the formatting.

Most of the civilised world has moved on from the stone age and use the Clover boot loader now.
You must have used a guide when you originally built the computer, use it again.
Use Chameleon Wizard to edit the file - Not a Text editor as it can damage the formatting.
hahaha true but i still have some unfinished business in SL plus its been stable and working for me thats why i never bothered about clover till **** got real.

oh speaking on which, i didnt build it a friend built for me...so thats the reason for the noob questions cos i dont know...willing to learn thou if i get directions..

oh speaking on which, i didnt build it a friend built for me...so thats the reason for the noob questions cos i dont know...willing to learn thou if i get directions..
I'm not going to relearn all of this old tech just so that I can teach you.
If you are able to boot ok from the iBoot CD then you could try replacing the /Extra folder (and contents) on your system disk with the one from the CD.
Although if it is a true backup of what you had before then the /Extra folder should have been ok.

I'm not going to relearn all of this old tech just so that I can teach you.
i can understand that...thanks thou

If you are able to boot ok from the iBoot CD then you could try replacing the /Extra folder (and contents) on your system disk with the one from the CD.

ok will check the contents of the IBoot USB

Although if it is a true backup of what you had before then the /Extra folder should have been ok.

Exactly the source of my trouble, While my orignal disk was working I knew i couldnt boot from the CLONEHD and superduper it was a true backUp which i can seems to be so cos the size of contents on the original disk and Clone Hd are the same...but it just wouldnt boot

Hello P1LGRIM

So i did some research and booted with the Boot Flags -v and -F
and i was able to get into the deskptop area...Relief.

Now my question is what do i need to change in the config file so i dont have to type -F at every bootUp? any ideas
Right of the top... the <key> kernel flag </key> <string> Boot UUID=NUMBER, rd* ####</string>
doesnt look right to me...

Hello P1LGRIM

So i did some research and booted with the Boot Flags -v and -F
and i was able to get into the deskptop area...Relief.

Now my question is what do i need to change in the config file so i dont have to type -F at every bootUp? any ideas
Right of the top... the <key> kernel flag </key> <string> Boot UUID=NUMBER, rd* ####</string>
doesnt look right to me...
I lost interest in Chimera a long time ago, you will have to search old build guides or Google for guidance.

I lost interest in Chimera a long time ago, you will have to search old build guides or Google for guidance.
ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back