Iris Pro graphics 5200 - FullHD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

Moderators, please remove to laptop section, sorry.

I have fresh install of El Capitan on my Clevo W740SU(Intel i7 2.0 4750MQ Intel iris pro 5200)

I'm using Clover 3330, UEFI.

Laptop display is working but detected: Intel Iris Pro 7 MB and kext not loaded.

Please help me make good system. And after wanna solve another problems.

Clover KEXTS:
ACPIBacklight, ACPIBatteryManager, FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller(ApplePS2SmartTouchPad better??), IntelMausiEthernet, Sound(VoodooHDA+prefpane+loader)

Working:
Video, Sleep, Lan, Touchpad, Wifi, Battery, Audio

Not working:
HDMI-DisplayPort, Brightness, keyboard mapping

My important problems:
1. Framebuffer@2 detects as connector-type = 00040000(port-number = 0x6) and I can't patch it to HDMI(I tried kext patch)
2. Brightness not working and slider is not visible(I have tried both kexts and methods).
3. If I connect both external monitors - laptop reboots.
4. Glitch on laptop monitor after connect and DP monitor working good, and work both good after wake.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    566.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    665 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    470.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 3.13.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 3.13.06 PM.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    452.9 KB · Views: 239
Hello,

Moderators, please remove to laptop section, sorry.

I have fresh install of El Capitan on my Clevo W740SU(Intel i7 2.0 4750MQ Intel iris pro 5200)

I'm using Clover 3330, UEFI.

Laptop display is working but detected: Intel Iris Pro 7 MB and kext not loaded.

Please help me make good system. And after wanna solve another problems.

Clover KEXTS:
ACPIBacklight, ACPIBatteryManager, FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller(ApplePS2SmartTouchPad better??), IntelMausiEthernet, Sound(VoodooHDA+prefpane+loader)

Working:
Video, Sleep, Lan, Touchpad, Wifi, Battery, Audio

Not working:
HDMI-DisplayPort, Brightness, keyboard mapping

My important problems:
1. Framebuffer@2 detects as connector-type = 00040000(port-number = 0x6) and I can't patch it to HDMI(I tried kext patch)
2. Brightness not working and slider is not visible(I have tried both kexts and methods).
3. If I connect both external monitors - laptop reboots.
4. Glitch on laptop monitor after connect and DP monitor working good, and work both good after wake.

Thank you!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Berenx,

Did you happen to notice whether the graphics card is providing QE/CI (acceleration) or not?

I did get this exact model running in Mavericks back in the day and after some fiddling I had 3D acceleration. I gave up on it because while speed was good, it generated graphics artifacts (fuzz, bands) that would go away after a reboot but come back after 20 minutes of operation... It didn't crash, it just left weird images behind.

I can't recall if it gave me a correct value of graphics memory or not...this was shortly after Mavericks came out. I know sometimes I've gotten graphics to work without autodetecting a correct value for VRAM. With NVIDIA machines I typically have to set the actual VRAM value manually in a plist tweak before it displays properly.

On the other hand, the lack of a kext loading *would* be a problem.

I'll be retrying my laptop with El Capitan shortly and will post results.

Hi Bernex,
i own pretty much the same build as you do, have you figured out the problems by now? My biggest problem was getting the internal display to work, because it would only work when an external monitor was connected though the external monitor never received a signal.
Best,
David

Hi Bernex,
i own pretty much the same build as you do, have you figured out the problems by now? My biggest problem was getting the internal display to work, because it would only work when an external monitor was connected though the external monitor never received a signal.
Best,
David

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back