Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
About to pull this trigger on the laptop and was wondering (theoretically) how compatible it would be.

Relevant Specs:
Display: 13.3" FHD (16:9) Anti-Glare Matte-Type Screen (1920x1080)
Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Mobile Core i7-4700MQ Haswell Processor
Graphics Controller: nVIDIA® GeForce GTX 765M GDDR5 (2.0GB) w/ Optimus Technology (I know that Optimus will not work)
Network: Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN/Integrated 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN + Bluetooth
Standard Hard Drive: 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive (Upgradeable) / 1 Detachable 2.5" 9.5mm (H) SATA Hard Disk Drive
Standard Optical Drive: External Optical Drives Available

Attachments

• Clevo-W230ST.jpg
    Clevo-W230ST.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 4,027
About to pull this trigger on the laptop and was wondering (theoretically) how compatible it would be.

Relevant Specs:
Display: 13.3" FHD (16:9) Anti-Glare Matte-Type Screen (1920x1080)
Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Mobile Core i7-4700MQ Haswell Processor
Graphics Controller: nVIDIA® GeForce GTX 765M GDDR5 (2.0GB) w/ Optimus Technology (I know that Optimus will not work)
Network: Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN/Integrated 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN + Bluetooth
Standard Hard Drive: 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive (Upgradeable) / 1 Detachable 2.5" 9.5mm (H) SATA Hard Disk Drive
Standard Optical Drive: External Optical Drives Available

There is no Haswell support in current retail versions of OS X. You'll need to wait until there is...

There is no Haswell support in current retail versions of OS X. You'll need to wait until there is...

Thanks for the reply.

I'll do my best. Other than CPU is anything else questionable?

Thanks for the reply.

I'll do my best. Other than CPU is anything else questionable?

No problem with the HDD (OS X doesn't really care...)

Nothing else was really specified...

No problem with the HDD (OS X doesn't really care...)

Nothing else was really specified...

Any known issues with the Atheros AR5B22?

So it should be very good for your requirements. The IPS screen is very good and the performance is there. You just have to consider if you are ok with a 13.3" laptop

So it should be very good for your requirements. The IPS screen is very good and the performance is there. You just have to consider if you are ok with a 13.3" laptop

I'm very very very very okay with a 13.3'' laptop.

The only thing is: will I be able to use the GTX 765m rather than the HD4400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back