Contribute
Register

Clevo P650SE/Sager NP8651

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Minroe's kext (AppleHDA-272.18-ALC892.zip) kext.

I just deleted, then re-installed the .kext. As the read-me files states, the layout should be set as 3. It is set as 3 in my DDST (DSM) and in the info.plist.

Where do I go next?

You should really do your research before making assumptions.

The AppleHDA you linked does not use layout-id=3. It also does not use layout-id=1.

It uses 5, 7, or 9 (obviously multiple configurations for different audio codecs)

Note: I verified by looking at the Info.plist in the AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver plugin. But Mirone also documents the various layout-id choices in the README.

You should really do your research before making assumptions.

The AppleHDA you linked does not use layout-id=3. It also does not use layout-id=1.

It uses 5, 7, or 9 (obviously multiple configurations for different audio codecs)

Note: I verified by looking at the Info.plist in the AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver plugin. But Mirone also documents the various layout-id choices in the README.
That's my mistake- I linked you to the incorrect one (the desktop version).

I assure you I am not using the deskop version.

I am using this one: AppleHDA-272.18-ALC892.zip

In the read me it states layout 3.

That one does use layout 3.

And how can I get this one to work for me? I've set it to layout 3 in my DSM/DDST. Maybe I need layout 2? Another user with the same laptop said so. How do I tell the Kext itself to use layout 2?

And how can I get this one to work for me? I've set it to layout 3 in my DSM/DDST. Maybe I need layout 2? Another user with the same laptop said so. How do I tell the Kext itself to use layout 2?

Never helpful to use the wrong layout.

Did you install CodecCommander?

Never helpful to use the wrong layout.

Did you install CodecCommander?

Well I'm not really sure what my layout is. A user of the same model laptop said they used layout 1, but that their internal speakers did not work (link)

CodecCommander is a kext- should I install it?

Well I'm not really sure what my layout is. A user of the same model laptop said they used layout 1, but that their internal speakers did not work (link)

CodecCommander is a kext- should I install it?

There is no doubt about it. We have already established it is 3. And it is not 'your' id. It is the id that the patch author decided to use. CodecCommander is needed in many cases.

There is no doubt about it. We have already established it is 3. And it is not 'your' id. It is the id that the patch author decided to use. CodecCommander is needed in many cases.

Ok I've installed the your version of the CodecCommander.kext. Is there any modification of the info.plist needed?

CodecCommander has had some success- looks like the microphone is working and the line-out. However- the internal speakers are not working. They do appear in the list of sound output devices- but no sound comes out.

What is the next step?

Ok I've installed the your version of the CodecCommander.kext. Is there any modification of the info.plist needed?

CodecCommander has had some success- looks like the microphone is working and the line-out. However- the internal speakers are not working. They do appear in the list of sound output devices- but no sound comes out.

What is the next step?

Sounds like the PathMap for internal speakers don't match your audio codec. Try a different AppleHDA or patch one yourself. Mirone has a guide.

But just to see what you have currently...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

It's attached below.

Not to get too off topic- but do I need NullCPUManagement? It's a kext in Clover, but I'm told I don't need it...

EDIT:
It's not completely fixed. I have this inconsistent issue. It was happening for about an hour, and now its' back working normally.

After 60 seconds, the audio kept stopping. I've tested safari & chrome (streaming).

To get audio back on I go to the Sound Preferences>click another audio device (eg digital-out)> click back to the audio device I want (line-in). If I want a while (5-20 minutes) the audio comes back on by itself.

When there is 'no' sound- change the volume makes a small pop/crack sound.

It's like my audio device is going to sleep? What could this be related to?

Attachments

• mcfee_5.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back