Contribute
Register

Clevo p370em backlight keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman, maybe I was not clear, sorry! My keyboard is ok, fn+ combinations are all ok apart 1 (color cicling), my backlight is ok.
I would like to understand if there is a possibility to change color of backlight (cause right now is ungly dark blue) and make backlight wake when laptop is wake.
Going now to see if GPE give something.

OT on: when I boot my laptop I have gradients on my screen like this guy:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294018-toshiba-l850-7670m-lvds-problems/
must do sleep/wake and then all colors are ok. On every boot! Cant find solutions for me...
Do you have any idea?
Thanks!
OT off.

OT on: when I boot my laptop I have gradients on my screen like this guy:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294018-toshiba-l850-7670m-lvds-problems/
must do sleep/wake and then all colors are ok. On every boot! Cant find solutions for me...
Do you have any idea?
Thanks!
OT off.

Did you implement backlight control?

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Sorry... no experience with Radeon issues...

Just applied GPE Events patch, no output to console, tryed all keys an fn+ combinations....

Just applied GPE Events patch, no output to console, tryed all keys an fn+ combinations....

And no output from debug PS2 driver?

And no output from debug PS2 driver?

PS2 driver gives outputs for all keys!
Instead for fn+ combinationts it gives only for volume up/down and mute.

ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e02e=49 volume down
ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e030=48 volume up
ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e020=4a mute on/off

It gives no output for all 4 keyboard backlight combinations (fn+'/' '*' '-' '+') niether other combinations.

ACPIDebug gives otput only for fn+combinations, exception is CapsLock:
ACPIDebug: "EC _Q50 enter"
ACPIDebug: "EC _Q50 exit"
ACPIDebug: 0x0

keyboard backlight related fn+combo gives:
EC _Q50 enter
EC _Q50 exit
for:
fn+/=cicling color or luminosity
fn+*=on/off keyboard backlight

no output for keyboard backlight increase and decrease luminosity, but it's work fine!

No GPE output in console....maybe I mess something...please, take a look again at modifyed DSTD. Thank you!

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl.zip
    38.5 KB · Views: 60
Rehabman, I have amd graphics... My LCD backlight control is working fine with fn+/- combo.
Thank you anyway!

PS2 driver gives outputs for all keys!
Instead for fn+ combinationts it gives only for volume up/down and mute.

ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e02e=49 volume down
ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e030=48 volume up
ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e020=4a mute on/off

It gives no output for all 4 keyboard backlight combinations (fn+'/' '*' '-' '+') niether other combinations.

ACPIDebug gives otput only for fn+combinations, exception is CapsLock:
ACPIDebug: "EC _Q50 enter"
ACPIDebug: "EC _Q50 exit"
ACPIDebug: 0x0

keyboard backlight related fn+combo gives:
EC _Q50 enter
EC _Q50 exit
for:
fn+/=cicling color or luminosity
fn+*=on/off keyboard backlight

no output for keyboard backlight increase and decrease luminosity, but it's work fine!

No GPE output in console....maybe I mess something...please, take a look again at modifyed DSTD. Thank you!

Your brightness keys are handled in hardware. If you want to use OS X native brightness functions attached to keys, you'll have to choose different keys.

Rehabman, I have amd graphics... My LCD backlight control is working fine with fn+/- combo.
Thank you anyway!

Sorry... no experience with Radeon issues...

Your brightness keys are handled in hardware. If you want to use OS X native brightness functions attached to keys, you'll have to choose different keys.

Thank you Rehabman, Ii dont want to use OS X native brightness functions. Like I said in first post, I'd like to change colors of keyboard backlight from ugly blue to white by maybe injecting some values to dsdt...
Now I think you know all about my keyboard, so if it is impossible to do, I'll give up!
Thank you!

Thank you Rehabman, Ii dont want to use OS X native brightness functions. Like I said in first post, I'd like to change colors of keyboard backlight from ugly blue to white by maybe injecting some values to dsdt...
Now I think you know all about my keyboard, so if it is impossible to do, I'll give up!
Thank you!

If the keys used to control the keyboard backlight generates calls to DSDT methods (eg. _Q50), then you can probably do something to make it work. But your posts are not clear on the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back