HD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have installed Catalina 10.15.7 on the above. Currently it's running from a USB-C drive while I wait for a new SSD (shouldn't be relevent). Most stuff is working OK but I'm having a hard time with the battery and I think it's time I need to dig deep into ACPI.

I've been through the battery guide here but I'm a bit lost because I've not really seen much that appears to match up with what I'm seeing so I'm hoping someone can give me a nudge in the right direction please?

The readout is there but the AC adapter is not getting detected (existing patches for Clevo's in the repo don't apply to this one) and also when there is 7 minutes remaining until full charge, MacOS thinks this is 7 minutes left until 0% (or 7% left, I'm not sure).

In the EmbeddedControl struct there are only a few values and they're all 8 bit already - I don't know if that is good or bad?:

Code:
Field (EC81, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
    Offset (0xF8),
    FCMD,   8,
    FDAT,   8,
    FBUF,   8,
    FBF1,   8,
    FBF2,   8,
    FBF3,   8
}

I can see from the boot log that the _PSR method is failing but I don't have the first idea at the moment what to do about it.

I've included what I think are all the requested problem files. I've stripped the EFI folder of anything that hasn't been customised (so kext's are just referenced in the plist but not present). The OC dumped DSDT / SSDT is in the EFI zip in the 'sysreport' folder together with the memory map. I've also attached the output from decompiling the DSDT as there are a couple of messages there, and I've also attached a grep of the boot log for "ACPI" (truncated because there is a message that just repeats over and over because my battery is 4ma over the advertised full capacity).

I don't know if it's relevant but in order to install I had to disable the "DevirtualiseMmio" option to avoid a kernel panic. Post install I've whitelisted all the reported memory regions and that seems to have enabled me to re-enable the option.

Finally (I think!) all the hardware as seen by Linux can be found here:
https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=c9c0294b47

[EDIT] Oh, PS: I've tagged the CPU as having HD620 graphics in my profile but honestly I don't know what it is! Neither Intel Ark, nor Linux refer to it as HD anything, it's 'Mesa UHD CML GT2' according to Linux.

Attachments

• Clevo_N141CU.ioreg
    7.1 MB · Views: 53
  • kextstat_etc.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 58
  • dsdt_decompile_log.txt
    2 KB · Views: 130
  • ACPI_filtered_boot_log.txt
    56.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Looking like the battery / ac adapter are the last things left not working on this laptop now. Oh, I've not tried the card reader, I always forget it's even there, but I've seen examples of people getting them working so I know what to try for that. I'm just clueless on this battery / ac situation.

can you upload your EFI folder?
the one you provided is missing a lot of kexts and I'm not sure if you can even boot macos with it, (no virtualsmc or fakesmc, lilu, whatevergreen which is essential for macos to boot)

See below

Last edited:
So, I realised that my serials were in the original EFI zip (oops!) so I've taken them out and as per request, added all the kexts, even though they are identical to what can be downloaded on the internet.

Attached...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 65
Hi @Gudd ,
I have a clevo NL40CU with i7-10510 cpu.
I am not very experienced in hackintosh, but through internet research i created an opencore configuration for my laptop. At first I used SMCBatteryManager.kext but when I pulled out the power cable the battery indicator was not working. So I used Rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager.kext and it works so far. It only shows around 5% more than Windows. So when Hackintosh shows %90, it becomes %85 in windows.
@moh.96 said that i have not need patch for battery at this post.
I have only one problem left. Toucpad multi gestures just doesn't work. I am constantly getting KP when I add VoodooI2C.kext. I think both of us using same hardware except cpu. If you solved the problem of touchpad multi gesturs, I will be glad if you help me.
I am sending my EFI folder attached. I installed BigSurBeta 11.0, it good works than Catalina 10.15.7 for me. I hope it works for you.

Attachments

• NL40CU_OC_EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Unfortunately the Clevo N141CU and the Clevo NL40CU are entirely different machines, even if they are both using Comet Lake processors. Just looking at the ports on the left and right sides of the machine I can see that the motherboard will be completely different. To further add to this my touchpad is a PS2 device that doesn't use I2C. From memory, multi-touch gestures work, but I don't really use it, I use a bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard while the laptop is on a stand. I know the touchpad buttons do not work but I just enabled the "Tap to Click" which I prefer anyway.

As for the battery, I don't have the problem that the percentage stays at 100%. I have 2 problems: 1 is that it doesn't recognise when the AC adapter is plugged in, 2 is that it thinks that n minutes until fully charged is really n minutes left, so it starts screeming at you and the battery indicator goes red.

Unless someone comes forward to help then one day I will sit down with an ACPI tutorial and the Spec and see if I can work it out. For the moment I have enabled "Flexi Charger" in the BIOS which keeps the battery around 60% at all times and I'm just using it on AC power (even though the Mac doesn't recognise this). This is OK until I need to work remotely one day. That happens maybe once or twice a year so I've got a while :)

Oh, I also don't have any registers that are defined as >8bit in my EC definition so it's not that alone causing the problems. At a guess the ACPI is simply not declaring the same names / interfaces as MacOS is expecting. Or it is but giving the values out in Chinese instead of American (joking!)...

There are a lot of people who own a Clevo device, but I guess they are not very interested in hackintosh.
I hope you solve your problems and have a stable laptop :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back